Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

breaking hair when seperating

Aya Heartright
@aya-heartright
12 years ago
91 posts

Now, I am very open to the idea that I could possibly just be sectioning my hair wrong =/ however, I don't see the difference between ripping apart dreads and simply cutting connecting hairs.

Whenenever I seperate dreads I end up breaking the connecting strands. I hear the snapping sound, which is different than the popping sound I used to get when my dreads were less locked and I could pull them apart with the hair still intact.

So, I guess my question is why is it back to cut the hair connecting the dreads? I've always heard that it makes them weaker and could result in the dread falling out... but if I'm breaking the hair by ripping it wouldn't it make more sense to just simply use scissors? At least it would be less painful.

updated by @aya-heartright: 01/13/15 09:19:16PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

The simple answer is. When you rip you ripped the hairs between the dreads. When you cut you're very likely to cut into the dread. ripping is guaranteed to r rip only hairs between them. But with scissors your less accurate, and may cut hairs you don't intend to

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Nathan Hammond
@nathan-hammond
12 years ago
14 posts

Yeah I ended up cutting like half a dread off separating an enormous dread a while back. So i have learned to let it be. So yeah probably not a good idea to cut hairs.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form