Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

hello new friends!

Bee Peters
@bee-peters
12 years ago
5 posts

Hey everyone, im bee and im a 20 yr old hair stylist. Now as a hairstylist i should know a bit about natural dreading but in school they never went too deep into how to dread hair. Im really new to natural dreading and im extremely excited to start :D Ive only ever had dread extensions (as you can see from my default picture) and as much as i loved them they were a pain to deal with, literally.

Ive heard alot about just letting them go naturally and dreading on their own, but my hair is about shoulder length and naturally straight. If anyone has any awesome tips to get the ball rolling that'd be awesome (:

updated by @bee-peters: 01/13/15 09:19:15PM
PeacewithDreads
@peacewithdreads
12 years ago
14 posts

Bee. Welcome! There is a wealth of information that you will find on this website. You can be on here for 45 days (like me) and still find new stuff each day. I would suggest you go to the "dreaducation" section and look at what Soaring Eagle has written about the methods of dreading. By far the biggest is natural neglect, and there is quite a bit written. But read what everyone has to say, read the replies the comments and questions and that will be your biggest source of information. My first feedback from S.E. was "throw away your comb"...."there, now you have begun dreads!". Then go to the maintenance site and read what people do for care and maintenance. I love the Baking soda and apple cider vinegar rinse, but I also ordered dreadlock shampoo from www.dreadlocksite.com . I would check out those first and you can always add a "forum" discussion if you have questions. Hope this helps!

Bee Peters
@bee-peters
12 years ago
5 posts

Yes that was very helpful, thank you so much! (:

hippiegal
@hippiegal
12 years ago
182 posts

Hi, Bee, welcome to the site and to the adventure of natural dreads!

Bee Peters
@bee-peters
12 years ago
5 posts

thank you (: ive been toying with the idea of naturally dreading my hair since i was in high school, im really stoked to start!

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Just stop brushing your hair, and you've already started. There's a HUGE amount of information on this site, and if you're still unsure about anything, feel free to ask, because everyone here is really helpful and friendly, and everyone has their own different experiences :)

Bee Peters
@bee-peters
12 years ago
5 posts

ive seen that so much, thats exactly what im going to do. I never really liked brushing my hair anyways lol

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

Stop combing, stop conditioning, as they form some will try to eat each other, and combine just separate them. There's nothing much to it. Just let it happen. The way they taught you in school I pretty complicated. And all wrong

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Bee Peters
@bee-peters
12 years ago
5 posts

they told us to use wax, to palm roll, etc. I feel very freed knowing i wont have to brush my hair anymore. Your dreaducation thread was very helpful, thank you so much SE (:

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form