Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

EVERYONE! i want to know...

Naked Naturalist
@naked-naturalist
12 years ago
88 posts

i decided to get dreadlocks because not only is it a new journey for me, but it is natural. i wanted to get them the remember my native roots. i wont forget where i came from, or my ancestors. i want to know why you decided to start your journey! was it something you just decided to do? or is there some deeper meaning?

thank you for sharing ,

Ayv gvgeyui nihi <3

updated by @naked-naturalist: 02/14/15 08:24:11AM
Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
12 years ago
123 posts

Reconnecting with nature, at first. Now I realize they affect my spirituality, I have grown in so many ways. By having them, I express my love and respect for nature, my freedom, the right to be whoever I am and to look whatever I want to look.

They are one of many things to show how nature can create something beautiful and unique out of complete chaos. :)

Brandy :]
@brandy
12 years ago
106 posts

I decided to dread to represent our connection to the earth, and represent our one collective consciousness in the most natural physical form, so i chose dreads. and i feel that they are helping me to journey into womanhood and become the woman i am supposed to be, based on past spiritual experiences, so i truly believe dreadlocks are helping to keep me on my path. Along the way so far ( 7 months in) ive learned they truly are energyantennasand will store and put out what you will them to, they really do reconnect you with nature, physically, mentally and spiritually. They have also help me to realize i am beautiful and have made one of the most confident people i know. They are a part of me.

@Rainbow Fortune- "They are one of many things to show how nature can create something beautiful and unique out of complete chaos." LOVE that.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

I just had to its as simple as that

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Naked Naturalist
@naked-naturalist
12 years ago
88 posts

love it !!! (: i feel you guys.

Heathen Hippie )O(
@heathen-hippie-o
12 years ago
164 posts

I feel much the same way Rainbow Fortune and Brandy do...

It started as wanting to do something different with my hair, and not cutting or dying it... so I chose dreadlocks. I thought they would be really cool, I forget what gave me the original idea. At first I didn't really understand them, I had them backcombed and the person who backcombed them told me to twist them every few days. I saw someone at the local county fair with nice ones, and I saw her a couple more times and finally bucked up the courage to ask her how she did them so well. Know what she told me to do? She said, "Oh, I looked up a lot of stuff online. But really just go to DREADLOCKSSITE.COM and they have a lot of nice people there who can help you a lot." So here I came! lol. The more accustomed to the idea I became, the more I came to understand dreadlocks, the more I realized they represent many things I stand for. I am getting more and more into the hippie/natural/organic mindset by.the.day.! It's been a long time coming and finally has mad it, now I have a lot of catching up to do. lol. The idea makes me feel so much more connected to Mother Nature and Father Universe, and I can't wait until my hair is long enough I can wrap myself up in my dreads! I also believe they can hold in energy, and once they develop I am not planning on cutting them unless I have to. And I feel like by having them, I don't have to be scared to show who/what I really am, and that is VERY important.

Sorry for the long winded response. :)

[What does *Ayv gvgeyui nihi* mean? :) ]

-Sara )O(

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Honestly, it was as simple as me getting more into reggae music, and seeing people with dreads, I just one day thought, "why can't I have my hair as dreadlocks?" and that was that. There was literally no other reason than I like how they look. But it's funny, because it became deeper as I went about it. My health has been bad for years, and I just kind of gave up and succumbed to it, and me going on this dreadlock journey felt like a journey for the rest of my life too. Like, when I began, it wasn't just my hair that I was changing, it was my diet, my will-power, etc. I still have a lot of down days, but I feel a lot more defiant now, because doing that one thing that I wanted to do, which was to have dreadlocks, gave me the motivation to do more things that I want to do in life, and take more control over the things I can control, and roll with the things I can't control.

GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
12 years ago
393 posts

I can give you several reasons. However I usually tell people that it was the next most peaceful thing I can do. I am into my third year of development and they look much different than when I first started them.

Naked Naturalist
@naked-naturalist
12 years ago
88 posts

love it. yeah i love the natural ways of doing things. part of the reason i wanted them, but mostly to connect with my ancestors while still moving towards the future. it was a new way of looking at things.

ayv gvgeyui nihi means i love you in tsalagi, my native origin.

Sussi
@sussi
12 years ago
84 posts

Two days before I started my journey I had no idea that I would. I never had a wish for dreadlocks and I never really had an opinion about them. That evening I saw a picture of a girl with dreads but didn't think more of it. The next day I remembered the dreads and wondered how they were formed. I searched the netin lack of better things to do I guess. Something happened in me, I spent hours reading about dreads and watching Youtube-videos. They called out to me and didn't leave me with a choice, I had to start dreading. The next day I couldn't wait to get started with T&R and some backcombing and now it's been three months. I love them! They are a part of me and it feels like I've been waiting my whole life for them without even knowing.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form