Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

First real recognition by a stranger

Maximilian
@maximilian
12 years ago
62 posts

It was wash day, and after a few hours of drying my dreads were loking really nice..

I am walking to school minding my own business when a man and his child are walking. As I move out of their way and pass them I hear the father say..

"Those are some dreads, some real dreads.. "

"Thanks" I say

"Real dreads baby!! Rock on"

=) nice moment.

updated by @maximilian: 01/13/15 09:18:51PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

haha awesome 1st time sure feels good huh

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

That's great. Glad to hear that someone random recognized real locks vs. waxed ones

Maximilian
@maximilian
12 years ago
62 posts

ya, I get asked abotu them by friends and my rasta buddies understand, but first time a stranger commented. Party situations don't count, I mean walking down the street praise. one love!!!

Circle Dancer
@circle-dancer
12 years ago
121 posts

Awesome, I wish someone would compliment mine! People see them and stare at them a lot but never say anything to me! Booooo.

Nicholas janousek
@nicholas-janousek
12 years ago
49 posts

yeah the most i usually get from people is nice hair most of the time people look at me like I'm homeless but then again where i live not many dreadies I've only seen a few and they were all waxed :P

Maximilian
@maximilian
12 years ago
62 posts

hahaha! Homeless! ya sometimes my backpack is not taken as a school thing, and more of a drifter thing, especially on laundry day..at the bus stop, with stubble. Total homless guy look.

Bianca Poell
@bianca-poell
12 years ago
5 posts

It actually feels nice to be appreciated once in a while especially by complete strangers casue you feel that someone actually accepts your looks. usually i get judged by people and seen as someone who doesnt wash her hair and carefree and all becasue of my dreads but i guess times like these you just have to keep in mind that you cant please everyone

Just be happy with who you are and who you chose to be, that what really matters anyway:)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form