Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Better late than never

Rebekah Shupe
@rebekah-shupe
12 years ago
22 posts

Hey, name's Rebekah. I just started my dreads 2 days ago, all natural is the goal here. I'm already getting some sections that are attempting to be independent and rat up a bit. So happy that. Haven't really seen anything with knotting on the outer parts of my hair, but only on day 2 so what can ya do? Um...got three boys so my life can be pretty crazy sometimes. I hate these "about me" kinds of things because i never know what to say haha I guess the one thing of ... okay two things, I'm glad that I found this site so I didn't start my dreads by messing them up, and I'm VERY excited to be dreading :D

updated by @rebekah-shupe: 02/14/15 05:45:01AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i sqw your pics

i think u will have your 1st dread to show off by day 4

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rebekah Shupe
@rebekah-shupe
12 years ago
22 posts

I'm crossin my fingers SE!

shadow findley
@shadow-findley
12 years ago
7 posts

good luck!!

Rebekah Shupe
@rebekah-shupe
12 years ago
22 posts

Thanks Shadow!

Phoenix
@phoenix
12 years ago
20 posts
Hi Rebekah... Welcome! That's awesome your startin some locks. I think you'll really enjoy the process, it teaches so many diff lessons........ especially one in patience! LOL! I live in UT too! We need more of us representing UT! :) Your at the right place. I'm glad you came here instead of going to Knotty Boy or DHHQ! Your already a step ahead! :) Good luck with your dreadies... Can't wait to see em! Peace out!
Rebekah Shupe
@rebekah-shupe
12 years ago
22 posts

Thanks, where in Utah are you?! Not a whole lot of people with dreads around here. I'm already enjoying the different reactions I'm getting. People can be pretty crazy sometimes. I never even heard about those until I got on this website so looks like I just got lucky :)

Phoenix said:

Hi Rebekah... Welcome! That's awesome your startin some locks. I think you'll really enjoy the process, it teaches so many diff lessons........ especially one in patience! LOL! I live in UT too! We need more of us representing UT! :) Your at the right place. I'm glad you came here instead of going to Knotty Boy or DHHQ! Your already a step ahead! :) Good luck with your dreadies... Can't wait to see em! Peace out!
Phoenix
@phoenix
12 years ago
20 posts
I'm in the Riverton area... About 10 mins away from the prison off i15. Ya, I haven't seen too many people with dreads around here either! And it is hella funny to see people reactions huh!?! LOL! This is my second set. The first ones I started with dread wax from I think it was Knotty Boy and it was a HUGE mistake! I ended up cutting em off after about a month! That wax is some nasty shit! I'm happy for you that you didn't have to go through that horrible experience like so many of us have! :)

Rebekah Shupe said:

Thanks, where in Utah are you?! Not a whole lot of people with dreads around here. I'm already enjoying the different reactions I'm getting. People can be pretty crazy sometimes. I never even heard about those until I got on this website so looks like I just got lucky :)

Phoenix said:

Rebekah Shupe
@rebekah-shupe
12 years ago
22 posts

Yeah, me too. I'm up in Roy, it's about 10 minutes away from Ogden. I've already heard a bunch of shit, and the funny thing is, no one has seen my "dreads". They've just seen a FB post and heard that I'm doing them, and it's already been decided that they're dirty, ugly, and something about lice. *face palm* People are nuts for sure! So how are your dreads this time around? Are things going better for you?

baby britt
@baby-britt
12 years ago
112 posts

yay! people are silly and they like to judge things without ever experiencing them firsthand. your dreads will be lovely =)

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form