Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

itchy sore scalp

mercy ~
@mercy
12 years ago
44 posts

why is my head itchy even after washing! im always picking at it now and crap its annoying! im thinking about combing these out i cant handle it anymore

updated by @mercy: 02/14/15 09:58:17AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

how are u washing how often dont pick at it or u will just make it worse

try rosemary

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☽ Jasper ☾
@jasper
12 years ago
29 posts

Take a breath and back away from the comb haha what are you washing with?

I was using lavender Dr. Bronner's, one part soap 12 parts water and my head was so! itchy! it was driving me nuts. So I bought some tea tree essential oil (it was $7 at the health food store) and added two or three drops to the soap/water mix I was using, it smells really good, made my hair feel soft, and it took care of the itching. After using it for a week it helped with dandruff too :)

mercy ~
@mercy
12 years ago
44 posts

i cant afford new shampoo or anything i just use the dreadlockshampoo and idk i really miss just having normal hair idk what to do!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

tearee is great rosemary better id use teatree rosemary and pepermint all together and to really seal the deal a cold after rinse

--
mercy ~
@mercy
12 years ago
44 posts

i have been taking cold showers and washing every 3 days idk im always paranoid that i have lice everytime i itch (wwhen i really dont) and it probably makes it worse

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

if u think u got bugs u will itch its psycho somadiv so dont think about it

just have someone check your head to reasure u your fine then dont think about it

use the soap your using but soon as u can get the oils and make a spray or rinse to use after u do the soap

if abnyone even mentions bugs i itch so control ypur mind your mimds causing the itches

--
mercy ~
@mercy
12 years ago
44 posts

i already did have someone check and i always check myself and i dont its just ugh i never had itchys or dandruff with my normal hair its driving me insane

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

your dwek]lling on it creating the itchies tho u sometimes get some itch with dreass try washing every other day if every 3 isnt good and get the oils asap the oils will help and they will last tyou a very lob=ng time

--
Janice
@janice
12 years ago
49 posts

I wash with baking soda & water & teatree, and I rinse with vinegar & water & lavender. My hair is soft and my scalp doesn't itch, other than that usual wintertime itch that is part of life in Canada. SE is right, do your best to retrain your thoughts. Imagine that every itch is actually a single hair that is just rebelling a little bit over getting joined into a dread... showing some attitude like a child - but eventually all will be right and you will have a set of beautiful, healthy dreads.

Peace,
Janice

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form