@bobbi-blaine
12 years ago
11 posts

updated by @bobbi-blaine: 02/14/15 08:05:02AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

some use it as derogatorty (spelled with y?)

but its ie

Highly Inteligent Person Persuing Individual Enlightenment

sure sounds like you

is that a bad lable?

have some privde in yourself your blossoming into something very special

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

you sound like a hippie to me, but then again, nowadays hippie is a pretty broad term.

I get no circus's, but why no zoos or aquariums? There's no other way to preserve some of the worlds endangered species. Are you an advocate of "if it dies out, it was meant to"? I know it's not ideal conditions for animals, but most of their natural habitats are either gone completely or too small or chopped up to let many survive.

I totally agree with you on "experiences instead of things. My girlfriend is a photographer in her spare time. All of the pics on my page are hers. We don't buy little nick nacks from anywhere we go. We take pictures and walk away with the memories

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Ok, dolphins, I get. Dolphns are the only other animal known to man that is so self aware it thinks about suicide.

The reason that they kick you out of dolphin shows so fast is not to clean the staging area for the next show. It's because the dolphins have atendencyto beach themselves in anattemptto kill themselves out of misery (watch "the cove"). I won't support those shows for that reason, but as for other zoo animals... It depends. I believe wholeheartedlyin saving endangered species. There's really not a whole lot we can do to restore the habitats to what they used to be. (coming from the guy who wants to preserve swamps). We can preserve what's there now, and in small chunks fix the problem, but if the human population is going to keep rising (and it's believed that it will hit 10 billion before we see our limit, there's only so much we can do.

And if we are saving them, why not let people be able to visit and see a polar bear that they'd never see other wise? Plus, it's a great way for zoologists to study animals instead of having to go out into the wild and spend days, weeks, or months hoping to find what they are looking for. If we didn't have bats in zoos, we might not understand WNS as well as we do now

baby britt
@baby-britt
12 years ago
112 posts

as long as nobody's calling you a wookie, you should feel okay haha. i'm sort of in denial when someone calls me that, too, but then i start smiling cause that means they notice something different about me, and i'm definitely okay with being different from most folks. you should be too! sounds like you're doing what you love and you firmly believe in the goodness of your lifestyle. keep shining, mama.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I'm a wook and proud of it. Girls usually aren't wookies they're granola anyways

baby britt
@baby-britt
12 years ago
112 posts

my best friend calls me a wook, halfway serious halfway joking. but he's the only one i'd ever let get away with that haha. he's also the only one who knows the full extent of my wook tendencies... shhhh, i like to keep them a secret ;D

and i definitely think there's a little wook in everybody

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

there totally is. It's just not a common slur for a woman.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the earth is made of dirt

when you walk around with no shoes on your feet in touch with the earth ..one with nature your souls get a lil bit dirty

is dirt nesacarily bad? lets examine this

dirt contains bacteru=ia true which can make you sick..if your constantly washing awayu the dirt and bacteria though you gain no immunity to it and become weaker to the point where the dirt can actualy kill you if your so weakened to what it contains

todays society acts like 4 showers a day is normal like you need to wipe your hands and every surfacfe you ever touch with chemicals that kill 99.9 of all germs

then what happens? a toad on the other side of the plsanet gets the sniffles and we get scared it will kill billions and wipe out socirty

its our sterilizatuion and seperation from dirt..nature..the earth thats making uus weaker and weaker and more dependent on toxic chemicals for survival

i was watching a thing on tbv tonight about when penicilin was discovered its use caused certain rogouge funguses that are naturaly in and on our bodies evgeryday to sudenly go haywire and cause a new form of fungal infections that had never existed till we upset the balance by killing germs that should have been killed by our own immunity system

what are you afraid of? a lil dirt?

look outside..see the grass? does the grass scare you?

now look aqt the factories pumping out polutants thesesame ppl calling you dirty hippie have no problems with these polutants they call progres these carcinogens greenhouse gasses etc

thety smoke cigs and dont think about the blackening of lungs they eat meats and dont think about hardening arteries etc

but your fet are touching the ground? oh my your a filthy hippie!

just smile and say whats wrong with dirt? the entire planets made of dirt if dirt scares you so much seal yourself in a sterile room and never go outside

but im one with nature and not scared of the dirt that we live ion

bobbi blaine said:

But what about when they start calling me dirty hippie, what does dirty stand for? : )

soaring eagle said:

some use it as derogatorty (spelled with y?)

but its ie

Highly Inteligent Person Persuing Individual Enlightenment

sure sounds like you

is that a bad lable?

have some privde in yourself your blossoming into something very special

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i thought that was a deadhead? i never heard of a wook

but then again in rainbow circles we got the rainbows drainbows blissininnis and high hollies (and elders) rainbows are all pretty possitive work hard care help one another drainbows stand around waiting to be fed complaining they arent huigh enough blissinninis are too high to comoplain..or work.. high holies spend all day in council while elders lead by example sorta over simplifying it but i guess the point is in any subculture theres the good the bad the ones you admire and those that just take up space

as far as hippies go the world would be way more fucked up without them we wouldnt have recycling alternative fuels ecological conservation and many other possitives hell we probly wouldnt be feeding starving children having womaen and minorities voting anti polution regulations etc etc etc

bobbi blaine said:

haha, learn something new every day

Wook
A wook is a hippie without any ambition, motivation, or drive other than drugs and image. They're generally in their twenties, college students (or dropouts) at small-town liberal colleges (such as Appalachian State University) and dependent on an income other than their own.
Wooks tend to travel in packs, they smell strongly of patchouli and are in constant search for free drugs. One of the defining characteristics is an excessive amount of unkempt hair, usually in dreadlocks.
It is important to make the distinction between a hippie and a wook. Hippies can generally be viewed as positive, optimistic members of society with an idealistic goal for the betterment of society. Wooks are everything that you've been warned about in regard to hippies wrapped into a neat little package.

--
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form