Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

shadow here dread welcome

ryan downey
@ryan-downey
12 years ago
4 posts

hey there all just joined the site loving some of the information but is adding to the problem of whre i go from here as i am at a crossroads with my dreads.

i am in the process of getting rid of a 'beaver tail' at the back of my head and a few here and there, had my dreads for almost a year now with varying happiness, i started them with knotty boy's starter kit and was happy with the results straight away (but would of been happy even if i hadnt seen them as i had dreads lol ) anyway i was very routined with them and have washed and dryed then waxed them but ended up with the beaver tail after i deided a couple of months ago to let them have a bit of freedom i was still waxing and palm rolling with a wash every 4 days ( still washing my self i must add though ;) ) they are not big fat dreads but a good size to still be acceptable for my partner ;) but ater reading on here about the wax and some teqniques am now concidering realy leaving my dreads with no wax, but wondered on other opinions on this as i wont change shampoo (it is amazing love it on my scalp also smells mega) but the wax i must admit after waxing they look awsome but it is all over my pillow and my partner does complain sometimes if i roll over on to her pillow :(, my biggest concern is after so much waxing what is likly to happen if i stop waxing.

i understand i might sound daft but have been wanting these puppies a long time and want to just make sure i make awsome dreddies oh and i am going to be turning the ends in for a rounded tip will put more effort in to drying i just preffer the look thankyou and hello all you dread heads

updated by @ryan-downey: 02/14/15 02:19:07AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

you got a hell of alot of wax removal to do the more wax you remove the nthey wui usuing wax u must remove it which is extremely extremely hard to do

it can take many months

thatswhy so many start over

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ryan downey
@ryan-downey
12 years ago
4 posts

starting over though i know i can comb them out but am so reluctant to am at a crossroads :(

elke.in.alaska
@elkeinalaska
12 years ago
90 posts
Why don't you start with attempting wax removal and if you're not happy with the results then comb them out?
ryan downey
@ryan-downey
12 years ago
4 posts

so how should i do it now then wash my dreads leave to air dry then get an hair dryer on them give them a little palm roll and that it?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

damn i typed a whole thing out and lost it

ok here goies again

wax is a scam

your abvle to comb them out cause even a year..or 5 yeares in they arent dreaded olnly gluedf together in wax

here look at these

note these dreads were 4 years old

waxed 1/4 as much as recomended only the 1st month then stopped

then washed and even boiled to remove wax for 4 years

heres what was left behind

click for shocking full size

nice to see wghats trapped in your dreads huh? gross isnt it?

but prepare yourself fopr the biggest shock

this pic

is

the exact same dread

it was sliced part way in 1../2 then easily ripped in 1/2 cause oit wasnt drewaded

in fact you think this is the before pic donmty you?

no its after! after being ripped completely in 1/2 no new wax usedd only the existing 4 year old wax that refused to come out

1 quick roll and it glued itself back together to resemble a perfect dread

see wax is a scam

it prevebts dreading

hair dreads by knotting

knots form by moving

knots tighten by xcompression

living-movement- sleepinfg-compression

wax glues the backcombed hair in place and hardens it in wax

it never gets any new knots from day 1

no progress

just illusion

candles not dreads

if you remove the wax

you never had to backcomb

hair dreads effortlessly if you dont prevent it with gunk

why do u think they sell 20 products 20 tools 20 methods? they make it harder to dread to ruipand the waxy dsisasters start to rot in a couple yeares

yes..rot

wax turns rancuid

it traps water and dxirt causes dread rot and mold

its why ppl think dreads are gross

cause wax dreads are gross

how do u wash doirt out of wax that repels water and sticks to dirt?

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

no why palm roll palm rolling is only vcvause wax dreads dont dread it simulates dreading

if u dont got waxx in them you dont got to do a thing no palm rolling needed

but

u must remove all the wax in them

which is extremely hard to do

the more wax u remove the better they will be

you got a years worth of wax to trremove

at a guess

did you use more then 1 jar? more then 2?

ryan downey said:

so how should i do it now then wash my dreads leave to air dry then get an hair dryer on them give them a little palm roll and that it?

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

these are my dreadss

neverr backcombed

never palm rolled

never did nothing to them

i went camping

i didnt comb

it dreaded

you made it harder not easier by waxing

if theres no wax u dont got to dio a thing to them

wash

and go

thats it

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
elke.in.alaska
@elkeinalaska
12 years ago
90 posts
You will find more threads on wax removal if you search the site. But here is what looks like a successful thread. http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/how-i-removed-wax-from-my?page=1&commentId=3754945%3AComment%3A916725&x=1#3754945Comment916725
ryan downey
@ryan-downey
12 years ago
4 posts

ok so after carful consideration i am now going to be combing out my dreads and starting new dreads with the twist and rip teqnique also it gives me the chance to increase the size of my dreads as i wanted thicker dreads after a while of mine been a bit thin i will update on the progress and take photos through out it as well

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form