Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

pemphugus + dreads = unusual problems

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

so if you been following my blog posts you may know ive had alot of trouble this month i'll fill you in

right b4 xmass i found a few small unexplained sores pop up then a few more ..superficial but since they just showed up with no cause i went to the dr wh=o said it was staph..it wasnt but they gave me antibiotics anyway (which maybe made it way worse) few days after finishing the antibiotics it was way worse so off to a dermentologist and more antibiotics no further diagnostics were done again it gets worse so to the er i go they pump mye full of thre strongest antibiotics there is.. plus 2 more and a 4th orally then 10 days oral and ..it got way way worse by this time 60% of my body was covered in sores off to the er a second time and again they did cultures but no biopsy th cultures were iunconclusive and besides they did the pump me full of antibiotics and send me home b4 they even got the culture results back

again..it got worse

so off to a diferent er this time and thank got they were better at duagnosis and recognized it as pemphugus foliosus

they did a biopsy to confoirm and put me on pretizone pills and cream

which is already begining to help..i think? but heres where the unusual problem comes in

the pemphugus causes my skin to blister (sorta its not blistering ass in fluid filled blisr=ters just the skin comes loose and comes off easily) so all my skins coming off like crazy

washing my dreads when they touch my skin or just rinsing my body lots of skins coming off and sticking to my dreads

im having the feeling the solutiions gonna be to ignore it till im healed enough to be able to do the bs acv and lket that kinda dissolve all the dead skin but right now ..it stings too damn bad i tried it once and..ouch

its barely bareable to use soaps

i doubt anyon e has any experience with this as when i was diagnosed they brought in like 25 drs the entire dermantology dept to check me out since i believe i was the 1st case they had seen

but was just wondering if anyone might have other suggestu=ions ..that wont turn me into wa screaming maniac in the shower

chances are in a week or 2 i'll be ok enough to not have such bad id]==ssues but they think full healing and recovery might take months tho the period where my skins coming off just from touching it should be over in a couple weeks hopefully

and yea i know it sounds nasty..and it is..

i got the dreadlockshamooo.com gel to test out but kinda hesitant to yet till im lil more healed

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 09:17:55PM
princenoobsauce
@princenoobsauce
12 years ago
56 posts

Maybe you could wear a tam in the shower for the present so they wont get wet and irritate your skin. If thats not an option( cause I know you love washing them often), you could get a 5 gallon bucket next to you in the shower and put your dreads in that along with something a bit milder than the acv. We are thinking about you up here, you will get better!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well the pemphugus is starting to affect my scalp too slkightly so needed to be washed more often and stings im tryingto be gentle and not open up any big sores on my scalp tho

ive used a basin like thing to soak the dreads but when rinsing they gotta fall to the flooe=r to let water run thru plus as soon as they touch my back or chest after washing skin comes off and sticks to em

tho the sores are looking way better today so im thinking in the next week i can do a bs soak and it will get it all out..i hope

everythung does look drasticly better after a good shower and applying the steroid creams

so we will see

--
Angie Queen
@angie-queen
12 years ago
1 posts

Oh ow, that sounds pretty brutal :(
I'm glad it'll be healing up, I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions though

elke.in.alaska
@elkeinalaska
12 years ago
90 posts
Do you have anyone that can come help? That sounds like the best option to me to help keep them off your body. Can you braid them all up and put them on top of your head?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

not when wet i cant

--
Sweet Sid
@sweet-sid
12 years ago
14 posts
Sending you lots of positive thoughts and I hope your healing goes quickly! I don't have any new suggestions though. I have very sensitive skin and many allergies and the times it's gotten really bad I've had to have help washing my hair.
Dreadfern
@dreadfern
12 years ago
21 posts

I'm sorry to hear se :( I don't have a suggestion just wanna let you know that i'm sending love, light and speedy recovery vibes your way <3

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

I've never had the thing you've got, but I have really bad eczema, sores all over me, including my scalp, so I have a similar problem to you, but with a different cause. We're on the same pills too. If the problem is that the dreads stick to your skin when you're washing, how about covering them while you wash your body, then after you're done with that, wash your dreads separately? Besides that I'm not really sure though. I hope you're getting better as each day goes by though, sending you positive thoughts!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form