Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Getting my Whole head done soon very stoked but...

Michael Malloy
@michael-malloy
12 years ago
27 posts

I am having this lady do my whole head but i'm really not sure what method to tell her to use. she wants to back comb and use wax and i told her no wax and t n r is better but she said with my fine hair it wouldnt work as well without wax but she will do whatever method i want. the t n r dreads don't look that good so far that i've done, they came out good they're just mishapenand i'm not sure if i'll like my whole head with these wierdly shaped dreads. any suggestions?

updated by @michael-malloy: 02/14/15 01:18:55PM
elke.in.alaska
@elkeinalaska
12 years ago
90 posts
She doesn't know much if she's telling you that you should use wax. I used TnR (I have fine hair albeit a ton of it) and it works just fine. If yours are mishapen after having just done them, that's just about your learning curve. The more you do the better it gets. They'll still form loops and whatnot as they lock up. Stylists want to use wax to hold stuff in place and glue down the frizzies. But that actually retards the dreading process. You've got to accePt the frizzies to get the dreads. :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

dont go to some ladty! do them yourself they will look weird at 1st they take time

but if she uses wax she will screw u no matter what

do not ever let anyone that suggestds wax touch your head

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mowriyah Ysrayl
@mowriyah-ysrayl
12 years ago
26 posts

what are t n r dreads?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

twist and rip

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Mowriya, it's kind of like a messy looking braid that ends up not looking like a braid at all, but just like tangled messy knots.

If she wants to use wax, but will reluctantly not use it because you don't want it, don't go to her.

They will look messy and misshapen for a little while no matter what method you use. I've had mine for 5 years and just found another that is flat. They grow on you. I was actually excited to find another that looked funnier than the rest

Michael Malloy
@michael-malloy
12 years ago
27 posts

Well she's willing to do whatever method I want she just said she's only done them before with using backcombing and wax. but I was thinking if I show her how to T&R then she can at least section them for me. I get super frustrated when I'm trying to do one on the top of my head or back and can't see how big the root is/will be. So I was gonna section them or like explain to her how I want them sectioned cause I know she's real good with hair and t&r is not hard to pick up but I'm still not positive yet..I let a couple friends try to do one in my hair and the one I did still turned out the best EXCEPT the root. so I pulled it out. but we'll see I guess.. When my full heads done I'll post some pics up for sure.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

why did u pull it out the roots should be loose fopr nearly a year you dod it fine just dont prull em out

and i guarantee she will try to add wax or interlock or crochet or scrww u up anyone whosd ever use waZx will screw u up guaranteed

its much better to do it yoirself

--
Michael Malloy
@michael-malloy
12 years ago
27 posts

I appreciate the concern eagle. and I shouldve just left that one it but it was in a very awkward place to so i'lljust re do it a litttle bit to the left hah. and yeah it's some lady at a salon but I'm still not leaning towards trusting her with it. i'll still have to think about it tho.. i want to get them done before my first show coming up in a little bit. the earlier the better actually so they can mature at least a little bit over the time from now till then.

Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
12 years ago
158 posts
I have very fine hair, and backcombing and TnR both worked and held well in my hair. I'm no good at TnR, so backcombing was what I used the most. I did use wax when I put them in because I didn't yet realize how bad it is. I had to re-do a couple dreads and didn't use wax on them. Without wax you feel like they aren't locking as fast, but that's just because wax is deceiving. The newer dreads that I didn't wax are knotting up good, and I even have fine hair. It could be because I literally backcombed each one until I felt like I could not push any more knots in. Also, even though my hair is fine, it isn't limp, and actually has a lot of body to it, which I'm thinking probably helped the dreads hold together. Anyway, good luck!
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form