Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

3rd Day Dreads, What do you think? (pics inside)

Zero
@zero
12 years ago
37 posts

Hai everyone. I'd love some advice from people who have those awesome thick circular dreads Like the title says, 3rd day dreads here's some info

*Did twist in rip method

*No wax, as of yet anyway

*they sort of feel loose

So seeing my baby dreads what do you guys think? I'd like to have those awesome dreads that are really circular and hard, really neat looking, I know mine are a far stretch from that.. BUt I'd love some advice on how to get there.

Thanks everyone

updated by @zero: 02/14/15 05:23:00AM
KnottyPrincess
@knottyprincess
12 years ago
122 posts

All you need is time. :-) Your hair looks like it will lock up nicely. Expect it to have it's messy stages, and just be patient.

Zero
@zero
12 years ago
37 posts

thank you vry much any ideas on how to maintain them

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

w3hy would u want haerd dreads?

just leave em alone let em dread

hard dreads aee a sugn of trouble like wax

dreads should be firm but squishy soft comfy

hard dreads wioulds suck

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Zero
@zero
12 years ago
37 posts

i think the perfect looking cylindrical ones are cool

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

nah they aerent dreads should be unique and u=individual and u wull find as they dread the 1 dread that refuses to be perfect will be your fave

let em have some personality

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I think what he means by hard is tight. Not hard like rocks. You still want them to flow.

It'll take a good deal of time. 3 days is like nothing. They'll probably come out most of the way even before that start to tangle again. Give them time and don't worry as they loosen. It's part of the process.

Best advice I can give you would be to stop looking in the mirror and to stop touching them. Let them happen. Enjoy your life. Don't spend it worrying about when your locks will look like more mature ones. The time will go faster if you stop paying attention to it.

A few of yours look like you twisted them at the root. Did you?

baby britt
@baby-britt
12 years ago
112 posts

patience =) it's a long, rewarding process with lots of fun realizations along the way. enjoy it! i never want mine to grow up haha

Zero
@zero
12 years ago
37 posts

great advice you guys are the dread pros so i'm gonna put my trust in you strangers yeah mine are twisted at the root

i wash my hair everyday in the shower with baking soda i heard some ppl say let em go greasy but i can't do that cause my hair gets super greasy and thats gross

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

it gets greasy cause u over wash it

when you strip oils the scalp rebels and over producrs just like if you starve to lose weight your body goes into survival mode converting all food to fat and eating yoiur muscekls and organs instead

stripping oils daily causes the scalp to panic and go into survival mode and pump out oils like crazt to compensate

wash every other day kip the acv or do it extra weak till its less oily and use sea salt

every week go 1 more day till yoir at every 3-4 days without being greasy

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form