Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

beads helping dreads along a lot..

Chris Mora
@chris-mora
12 years ago
41 posts

besides a few dreadlocks it seems like the only ones that mature are the ones i put beads on. is this the case for anyone else?

updated by @chris-mora: 01/13/15 09:17:42PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

beads just help contain your hair. It's not that the bead makes them lock better. They just help keep that lock separate from other hair so it can lock on its own and not keep getting tangled in other ones.

If the bead is tight, though, it will help compress the hair faster, but only in that spot

Chris Mora
@chris-mora
12 years ago
41 posts

so i put a bead on two small sections of small semi knotted hair to combine them. the bead was really tight on it. i forgot about it and about a month later it had knotted all the way up to the root into one really bumpy wavy dreadlock. same thing with a few others. my point being ive only had 1 dreadlock that has had the same result that has never had a single thing on it. most of my hair is sectioned by knots but not very many knots.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i stuck beads in my unknotted hair the day i started and they dreaded real fast..

it does help

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Chris Mora
@chris-mora
12 years ago
41 posts

if beads will act the way they do in my hair in yours then they willdefinitelyhelp. my beads are really tight too. the two "dreads" i put together first wound around each other in the bead by themselves in about a week. in.. more than a month they had completely combined to the point where you couldnt even tell it was two dreads once

Britany said:

I hope this works for a few of my problematic dreads.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form