dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello Dread community

UK dread
@uk-dread
12 years ago
5 posts

Hello all,

I have been reading this forum for the past few weeks and it has been a real eye opener to say the least. I am from the UK and have been growing dreads for nearly 4 years. My dreads have been started off by a loctician salon and until recently I've only just realised the amount of buildup that has been left in my hair by the salons constant waxing and added by my ignorance of using some products in my hair, although I wouldnt say my usage has been enough to cause this sticky, glue mess in my hair, as I have kept usage of products to a minimum. I'm abit depressed about my hair situation and get very upset, as well as obsessive when looking at the buildup in my locks. I have began the journey of trying the baking soda and ACV rinses, which seem to have soften some of the wax. But I feel this will definitely take patience and time to get all this out and to finally begin growing my locs without wax interference. I will post more about my buildup issues in the other threads focused around that subject. Wish me luck in my journey to getting this wax out and to having more healthier natural locs.

Peace & love loc sisters & brothers

updated by @uk-dread: 01/13/15 09:17:31PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome if you used wax even minimal almmounts for 4 years its gonna build up like crazy and salons ..well im not sure if they are just totaly ignorant iof the harm they do or if they do it intentionaly to keep you having to come back to fix the problems they are causing

the bs/acv will s=often your dreads up but isnt gonna get all thast wax out you should start by undiluted acv soaks to loosen it up then squeeze out all u can then move on to very very hot water and lots of dawn dish soap (in uk fairy liquid dish soap) and scrub like crazy

you got months of work ahead of u to get o=it out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
UK dread
@uk-dread
12 years ago
5 posts

Thanks for your reply Soaring eagle. Funny you should mention, but I did use the ACV undiluted soak this week and very hot water, so I will continue with that. I have seen dish soap being mentioned. Would that be ok for my afro hair ? I will give that a try anyway, perhaps test it on a loc first and see how I go. I know I have lots of work ahead me ='((...got to expect it to get 4 years of this crap out.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yea dawn or fairy is yoir best bet for wax removal its safe to use all the time even but not the best option tho some do use it if they have no other dread freindly soaps availiable

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form