dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Un-dreaded Bangs

Canon P
@canon-p
12 years ago
50 posts

Hey everyone!

My dreads are well over a year old, and I love them more than ever due to the support and advice I havereceivedfrom this site.

My question for you is how do you get your bangs to dread? My hair isnaturally very fine and soft and I have a lot of loose hair around my hairline/bangs area. I know that dreads "pick up" the loose hairs over time, but due to the amount of movement and brushing my hair out of my eyes I just cant seem to make any progress.

So how do you deal with the loose hair and/or how did you get them to join into your other locks?

Much Love!

updated by @canon-p: 02/14/15 03:31:36AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I don't have bangs, like completely undreaded ones, but I, also, have a bunch of loose hairs around my hair line. In fact, one of my locks right there is about a foot long but is only holding on by a really thin root (if I squeeze it with 2 fingers, the touch like nothing is in the middle). I've tried everything to keep them together. It's not close enough to another lock to combine them.

If they are long enough, you could put a bead over 1 lock and pull the loose hairs through with it. You could try TnRing them to make small locks that will eventually be pulled in to others

Canon P
@canon-p
12 years ago
50 posts

Yeah, maybe "bangs" is the wrong word. Its just hair that is missing out on being dreads ha!

Baba Fats said:

I don't have bangs, like completely undreaded ones, but I, also, have a bunch of loose hairs around my hair line. In fact, one of my locks right there is about a foot long but is only holding on by a really thin root (if I squeeze it with 2 fingers, the touch like nothing is in the middle). I've tried everything to keep them together. It's not close enough to another lock to combine them.

If they are long enough, you could put a bead over 1 lock and pull the loose hairs through with it. You could try TnRing them to make small locks that will eventually be pulled in to others

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

how long are they? I've just got some wispy hairs, maybe 1-2 inches long that wont grow and wont lock. been that way for 5 years.

Canon P
@canon-p
12 years ago
50 posts

Wellll probably around 5-6 inches long, maybe longer.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

they should be long enough to tnr them into little micro locks. Once they are all fuzzy and roughed up, they'll stick to other locks easier and get pulled in

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

simple stop touching them do a sea salt spray they are plenty long enough to dread on their own if u stop messing with em and give em a lil encouragement with sea salt

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

How about mine Eagle? That one lock right in the middle of my forehead is about sharpie thickness most of the way, but at the root it's paper thin. and there's almost nothing for it to grab hold of. let it fall out and chalk it up to "it happens"?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

can u take a pic if your going by feel not looks the roots can feel like theres nothing there if its undreaded and not firm to sqyueeze it

just like when u dread your helmests dont fit cause the dreads are thicvker less compressable then undreaded hair

u can pinch the roots of your thickest dreads and your fingers will meet cause theres nothing firm and compacted to prevent it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I've noticed that with the ticker ones. I'll try to get a pic of it.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form