Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

washing my hair...

Michael Malloy
@michael-malloy
12 years ago
27 posts

I've only got 3 dreads done so far but I haven't washed my hair since I got them. I don't want to use the shampoo I was using before cause I know it leaves residue. but I'm getting tired of greasy hair.. :(P) any suggestions? I'm just worried if I wash with bar soap it will damage my hair and if I don't wash my hair at all its pretty gross.

updated by @michael-malloy: 02/14/15 04:37:45AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

baking soda for now then get 1 from www.dreadlockshampoo.com

search the site for the baking soda wash info

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Michael Malloy
@michael-malloy
12 years ago
27 posts

thanks SE. I searched it but only got peoples discussions on it..i'll just have to look again.

soaring eagle said:

baking soda for now then get 1 from www.dreadlockshampoo.com

search the site for the baking soda wash info

Heathen Hippie )O(
@heathen-hippie-o
12 years ago
164 posts

Michael it's usually 1 tablespoon of baking soda [some people call it bicarb, in case you ever see that] to one cup of water. And the same ratio of ACV to water if you are going to use ACV. But don't use too much because it does condition your hair and it can also cause it to be a bit more oily. Mix the soda with the water, run it down your hair in the shower, and do the same with the acv/water [if you're gonna use it]. I would suggest *rinsing* with cold water, not warm/hot. Good luck. :) Oh and don't wash your hair every day. It may take a while for your scalp to adjust, you might have to go 3-4 days at a time for a couple weeks, and then longer after that. Try to get it to where you only have to wash once a week. I am in that process right now, actually.

Michael Malloy
@michael-malloy
12 years ago
27 posts

thanks for the walkthrough :) awesome and definitely needed! i haven't washed my hair in like 4 days and i think its gonna make my dreads slip out or something. hahah

mark wachachaw
@mark-wachachaw
12 years ago
9 posts

im just new to this site. so i dontknow if im on the right thread.. btw uhmm how to deal dandruff?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the baking soda acv with teatree rosemary and pepermint will get rid of dandruff

--
mark wachachaw
@mark-wachachaw
12 years ago
9 posts

tnx for the answer eagle....

Michael Malloy
@michael-malloy
12 years ago
27 posts

ACV ? whats that. I used a little baking soda, and some liquid green tea and a little bit of water to make a paste. worked nicely and my hair feels so amazing after not washing it for like a week.

Sara M~ )O( said:

Michael it's usually 1 tablespoon of baking soda [some people call it bicarb, in case you ever see that] to one cup of water. And the same ratio of ACV to water if you are going to use ACV. But don't use too much because it does condition your hair and it can also cause it to be a bit more oily. Mix the soda with the water, run it down your hair in the shower, and do the same with the acv/water [if you're gonna use it]. I would suggest *rinsing* with cold water, not warm/hot. Good luck. :) Oh and don't wash your hair every day. It may take a while for your scalp to adjust, you might have to go 3-4 days at a time for a couple weeks, and then longer after that. Try to get it to where you only have to wash once a week. I am in that process right now, actually.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

nooo you dontr want to make a paste acv is apple cider vinager but u want 1 tablespoon bs per cup water way diluted and same with acv..after rinsing the bs out

a paste will fry your scalp waty too strong

Michael Malloy said:

ACV ? whats that. I used a little baking soda, and some liquid green tea and a little bit of water to make a paste. worked nicely and my hair feels so amazing after not washing it for like a week.

Sara M~ )O( said:

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form