Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

reasons not to use a dread kit from those whove used a dreadkit

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

if you had used a dread kit in the past and had to start over and now want to pleade with other new dreadheads to not fall for the dreaded dreadkit please share yoir experiences here and tell the world why youd never recomend anyone use the dreaded dread kit or any other products like wax

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 08:05:00AM
Aika
@aika
12 years ago
57 posts

i fell for the dreadheadhq starter kit that included rubber bands, backcombing comb, WAX, "dreadlock shampoo" and locking accelerator. the only useful thing in that kit...the spray bottle the locking accelerator came in. everything else is just sitting around somewhere collecting dust. the other day i used the wax to hold some incense. :P i might use it some time on my winter boots to protect them from water damage. point is, it was a waste of money. my mother spent probably 6 hours backcombing my hair (it was very long) and i spent another hour putting all of the wax in it. just thinking about it now makes me really mad. i felt terrible for wasting my mom's time and putting her through all of that hard work. but in the end i removed all of the wax and "dreadlocks", which took another 3 hours or something like that. so...lesson learned. dreadkits = waste of time, money, energy. not just that, but the fact that made dreads undo every day instead of progress was so frustrating and discouraging and made the task of having dreads very daunting. it was such a relief to find out dreads take hardly any effort/maintenance at all.

beware the traps of commercial dreadkits and websites!!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

so your dread kit dreads lasted how long? a couple hours?

note

the wax is also useful for starting fires..which incidently makes waxy dreads more of a fire hazard..in fact dreads wont burn easily unless they are waxy

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

true, hair smolders when lit. Wax acts likeparaffin. It's like the stuff used to heat serving dishes. It burns hot and long. Who wants that in their hair. Plus, I'm sure most of us like to hang out around bon fires. Why take the chance.

I've posted my story all over this site to help people know the dangers of wax. Long story short, I went to a salon to get mine done the first time. I had the sides of my head shaved because I used to have a mohawk and though it would look really cool to have locks just on the top of my head. They twisted them and coated them with wax. I was told to use bees wax 2 times a week and not wash them for 2 months or so. I did what I was told, cause I didn't know any better. I figure when I washed, the wax would come out anyway. After the 2 months, the wax did come out. The only problem was that it took out around 60% of my hair with it. The only way I can explain it is like my hair just melted right off my scalp. There was no damage to my scalp, but my hair must have rotted inside the wax so much that it justdisintegrated. I had to shave my head bald and start completely from scratch.

I swore I'd never use wax again. did get sucked into the DHHQ thing with their idea of a dreadlock shampoo. I used it twice, and it felt oily and slick afterwards. Why should dreadlock shampoo feel like a conditioner?

Went all natural after that

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

keep em coming guys ..trying to save someone from making a horible mistake

i know most ppl know not to use a kit burt many of ya did fall for the scam years ago when u were like 154 (the target victim age range of the markiting they do with all the brah and every word ending in a)

so come on..share your nightmare experiences

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Maybe some people don't want to relive it. lol. Some stories are horrifying

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

they want to believe a self proclaimed authority on dreads wiouldnt lie or more likely they alreadtyy bought a kit and dont want to believe they got ripped off

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

evceryone who used the kit tendsto put "dreads" in quotes for a reason

they look like dreads...sorta

but they arent and never wikll be dreads just candles

dreads are tightly knotted so how can jonny clean take a harpoon like tool and oull a dread inside another dread the whole length? the knots in the 6 year old "dreads" are so loose 1 entire dread fits inside another

those arent dreads its hair gluesd together in wax

i have never used "quotes" when talking bout my dreads cause my dreads are real..not dreadinabox imitations

--
Aika
@aika
12 years ago
57 posts

i dont know why anyone would OPT to use wax...it's disgusting and uncomfortable. it sticks to everything and traps all the dirt and dust that you would normally wash out.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I agree. I used wax for my first set when I was 16. Every morning my pillow case was cover in a waxy film. I was changing my sheets every day

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form