Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Uber dry hair :'(

elke.in.alaska
@elkeinalaska
12 years ago
90 posts
My dreads feel like the desert. I have always had dry hair. But without scalp oils and conditioners it is feeling like it could crackle. I use aloe with jojoba oil. I put it right on my damp hair after washing just to try and trap some moisure in there. That lasts for about a day. After that it just feels like I'm putting oil on top of the hair, but like it's not really moisturizing. :-/ I have switched to the bs/acv. Before dreads I washed every 3days. Now I wash 1xweek. Has anyone put coconut oil on caucasion hair? Anything else?? I'm tempted to use commercial conditioner.
updated by @elkeinalaska: 01/13/15 09:16:33PM
Aika
@aika
12 years ago
57 posts

i was using a mixture of honey, chamomile, and lemon on my hair to lighten it a couple of months ago and i noticed my dreads started to come undone and my hair started getting really soft again. then i read that honey is a natural conditioner. maybe you want to look into that and try doing a honey-water mixture on your dreads. but if they're really young that might slow down progress.

i found this on google for honey hair treatment that doesnt use honey and actual hair conditioner. apparently you can just dilute some in water and rinse your hair with it. i dont kno about the beer part... http://www.ehow.com/facts_5124613_beer-honey-hair-treatment.html

i've been using shampoos from dreadlockshampoo.com and they are really wonderful. they dont leave your scalp dry at all, just really clean and fresh-feeling. they're not conditioning per se but they are definitely not drying. take a look at them.

wow, sorry i wrote so much...cant sleep right now.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

id do the dreadlockshampoo bars ..they are amazing the beeer and the clay in them are such a good combo youir dreads will feel so healthy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form