Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
mercy ~
@mercy
13 years ago
44 posts

one of my dreads is very tight already and "stiff" i guess but i dont know if its from mold or not. i cant really like look at it well because its at the back of my head. my question is is how do moldy dreads feel because im kinda getting worried that it might be since its so hard already or tight whatever haha

updated by @mercy: 01/13/15 09:16:20PM
baby britt
@baby-britt
13 years ago
112 posts

my back ones are super tight and hard too, i doubt it's mold. did you use wax at all? & how old are your dreads? plus if it was starting to mildew you could definitely be able to smell it.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

smell more then feel would give it away

its unmistakable if it is

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
mercy ~
@mercy
13 years ago
44 posts

nOOOO!!!!!! i didnt use wax haha ew!! they just turned 2 months old the other day. i always forget to ask someone to smell it when i get done washing and their wet but i did when their dry and my friend said it didnt smell like mildew or mold at all. what do mature dreads feel like???

Jdwood
@jdwood
13 years ago
275 posts

Well I have two that the ends are quite hard and they are the first ones that formed so it is normal IMO. You might need tomoisturizethem when they are older. If it was mold you would smell it when it was wet the smell of mold is quite strong, it wouldlinger, follow you around.

mercy ~ said:

nOOOO!!!!!! i didnt use wax haha ew!! they just turned 2 months old the other day. i always forget to ask someone to smell it when i get done washing and their wet but i did when their dry and my friend said it didnt smell like mildew or mold at all. what do mature dreads feel like???

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I've got a few that are really tight and hard. Sometimes it's just the way it goes. With those, you'll just want to make sure you squeeze out as much water as you can when you wash them. The tighter they are, the more they tend to hold water.

Like Eagle and Baby said, you would smell it, and most likely everyone else would too. You wouldn't be able to get away with saying they are clean to people who ask how you wash them.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form