Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My Dreadly Companions

Audra
@audra
13 years ago
11 posts

I began twist and ripping a few days ago. I have 7 on the left front side and and 6 on the right front side. Some of my dreads are thinner than my pinky , maybe half the the size. The rest are pinky size, 2 that are fatter. In the long run will this be bad? I want thinner ones.

I'm trying to debate on whetherI should keep going or

updated by @audra: 02/14/15 04:37:09AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

are u neasuring them by the tnr dread size or the root area

its good to have didrent sizes pinky is small ..but a pinky size dread can have a much bigger sectu=ion at the roots andf become 4 times fatter when mature

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
13 years ago
2,702 posts

yeah, different sizes are great. They will also congo together as they mature. It depends on how big you want them. I've seen ones that are even smaller than that. Eagles, right. The lock might be supper thin, but if the root section is bigger, you'll be fine.

Definitely keep going. They'll mature and you'll find out what they really want to do. Just keep an eye on them so they don't become one giant mat

Audra
@audra
13 years ago
11 posts

I finished my head, I ended up with 28 dreads. Most people seem to have double this. Is my head small? My sections all about inch square or less.

The dreads are about pinky size average after tnr is done.. But a decent mix of bigger and smaller also.

SurrealLove
@surreallove
13 years ago
12 posts

I think they're perfect!! :)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
13 years ago
2,702 posts

I ended up with 23 at first and then combined them to make 12 big ones. your's might just be a little fatter than other peoples. 25-35 is normal pencil sized locks. your head "might" be smaller, but chances ar better your locks are just a hair bigger each

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

inch dreads are gonna be thick dreads they fatten up to the section size 28 dreads will be medium thick averaging 3/4 inch

if you wantyted pinky sized dreads then the section sizes should haqve been 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch

your heads not small your sections are just big

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Have you gotten anymore done? Keep us posted with your progress. I don't think there's a person here who doesn't LOVEbeginninglocks

Audra
@audra
12 years ago
11 posts

Here are my finished dreads. My left side looks good, and then the right side looks so sparse! But I have equal number of dreads. Some are shaped slightly awkward. I did these myself with no one around to help.

Audra
@audra
12 years ago
11 posts

When my hair is down, right down the middle of my head is sparse also. This might be the way I was holding the hair to tnr. But with the right side being so empty, should I just go ahead and redo them now while it's early? Or just wait and see what happens?

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form