Dreadlocks Forums

Please help me to begin my jurney :D

Julie Monrad
@julie-monrad
13 years ago
1 posts

Hii all :) AndMerryChristmas!

Im'a warn you , im really bad at english ! Sorryy ^^

I'm about to begin my jurney with dreads, but i need advice and help to learn the best method to do dreads in thin and flat skandinavian hair ! Does anybody know a really good way to do them in such hair type ? I could also use some advise how to make themhealthyand clean :) Oh , and last , a good advice how to do the end of a dread, so its not thin in the ending :)

Hoping for answers and thanks :D

updated by @julie-monrad: 02/14/15 09:02:16AM
ergeg
@ergeg
13 years ago
7 posts

check mine out...

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
13 years ago
2,702 posts

I'd say just go natural. If you try twist and rip with such thin hair, you will end up tearing out out some hair that will be useful for thickening your locks

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

well, you could just go natural but if you want a starter method than i would suggest t&r. this girl on youtube did t&r and she claims to have fine,Scandinaviahair. her dreads are beautiful but she also claims to not wash it which i wouldn't suggest.

http://tinyurl.com/86jrsjt

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

natural (just let it dread itself) or tnr but the ends are best left alone to do whart they want instead of forcing them to be rounded

and just wasgh them often (2-3 times a week) with a dread friendly shampoo

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Purkurr
@purkurr
13 years ago
44 posts

Merry Christmas to you too! Nice to see another Scandinavian around here. :)

I have found that twist & rip and the neglect method are quite good methods, so, I pretty much agree with the other people here.

Betsy
@betsy
13 years ago
11 posts

hi julie, i have thin british hair, i personally used back comb and tnr method 3 days ago, washing my hair with baking soda salt water and a tiny bit of lemon juice.. check out my pics to see the results i guess. happy dreading :)

Janice
@janice
13 years ago
49 posts

Hi there! I used twist and rip method. Don't use wax whatever you do. For my ends, I put up with them being long & wispy for a month or so, then they dreaded more easily just continuing the T&R method.

Good luck and enjoy your journey! There is a great YT video by an absolutely BEAUTIFUL young lady (possibly from Denmark?) also with "Scandinavian hair" I think.

Cheers!

Amy Lee2
@amy-lee2
13 years ago
87 posts

you guys are talking about anna april. the most beautiful thing ive ever seen! her locs are GORGEOUS!! she doesnt use soap, but she does get them wet and rinse them out. she has a blog at galapril.com

Janice said:

Hi there! I used twist and rip method. Don't use wax whatever you do. For my ends, I put up with them being long & wispy for a month or so, then they dreaded more easily just continuing the T&R method.

Good luck and enjoy your journey! There is a great YT video by an absolutely BEAUTIFUL young lady (possibly from Denmark?) also with "Scandinavian hair" I think.

Cheers!

Purkurr
@purkurr
13 years ago
44 posts

Anna April is so sweet. :)

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form