Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

is Nederland Colorado still a dreadlock mecca???

YUKON
@yukon
13 years ago
119 posts

i lived between nederland and rollinsville about 10 yrs ago (a short drive from boulder)

back the it seemed like everyone had dreads.

anyone around there these days?...is it still like that?....any other areas of the US where there is a large population of dreads?

i live in evergreen colorado now....cool ass place, not many dreads, most pple here are rich and uppity.

updated by @yukon: 01/13/15 09:15:49PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

nederlands very musch a rainbow town

lotsa rainbows there and yea many have dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
FoxPaw
@foxpaw
13 years ago
114 posts

Havent been there for about 4 years but i saw quite a few walking around, met a few. I love that mountain town.

Raych'll
@raychll
13 years ago
22 posts

I was up there not this past summer, but the one before, cruisin around colorado and ended up in nederland for a bit. I didn't see any dreadies, but the hippy-vibe'sdefinitelythere. Another cool hippy town around there is ward. An older lady told me about it, as the last hippy stronghold and when I cruised through saw a bunch of broken down painted dusty old hippy buses lining one side of the street. such a beautiful part of the country. especially coming from flat crappy south texas-wish i was in Co.

YUKON
@yukon
13 years ago
119 posts

i figured that it prolly hasn't changed much....i love that town too!!

when i lived there we rented a tiny ass cabin/A-frame w/ no running water, no electric (had generator tho)...and actually had a phone line....i only ever used the generator to power our old ass desktop to get on-line thru dial-up...talk about old-school.

rent was like 275/month

years after we moved we met ended up meeting several ppl on dif occasions that lived in the same place (all had dreads..lol) ppl called the place "hansel and gretals" ...and called the landlord "ned flanders"...all very accurate descriptions.

there was also a cabin/house on the way back where a bunch of rastas lived...we'll more like were always hanging out on their porch.....and like 15 to 20 of 'em.....never saw them anywhere else tho.

we drove thru last year...but it was the same day as "reggae on the rocks" at red rocks ...the town was dead....we came from the backside, and coming out towards boulder there was nedfest going on....(so i figure that's where everyone was)....it was already a long day, so we didn't stop, but prolly should have.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form