Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Are rubber bands a bad idea?

Shannon Friedel
@shannon-friedel
13 years ago
8 posts

I've had my dreads for about 2 months now and everyday it seems there are more loose hairs at the root. I've used rubber bands to put them back where they belong, but there are a few missing!

updated by @shannon-friedel: 01/13/15 09:15:40PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yes that is a very bad idea leave the loose hairs atthe roots alone they belong there rubber baqnds dont

the missing rubber bands might be permenabtly inside the dreads now where they melt and dry rot leavi8ng a sticky gunk forever

after just 2 days removung them removes klknots that formed in a week they can be swallowed

they can leave dents ansd causee weak spots

u never put rubber bands in dreads never tie em back with them they dont belong in dreads at all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shannon Friedel
@shannon-friedel
13 years ago
8 posts

Ahh! I'm taking them out now! Thanks!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

make sure u get them all

--
Daniel Hörnberg
@daniel-hrnberg
12 years ago
4 posts
Oh damn! So Thats where all the sticky, black dirt in some of my dreads comes from!! I used some cheap black rubberbands to keep the sectioning in the beginning :o how do i get it out?

soaring eagle said:

yes that is a very bad idea leave the loose hairs atthe roots alone they belong there rubber baqnds dont

the missing rubber bands might be permenabtly inside the dreads now where they melt and dry rot leavi8ng a sticky gunk forever

after just 2 days removung them removes klknots that formed in a week they can be swallowed

u never put rubber bands in dreads never tie em back with them they dont belong in dreads at all

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u might not be able to..

tho something like gunk out or simular will dissolve rubber and remove it it will dry out scalp and hair too its ..unknown so riskiky if its safe to use when diluted it is all natural so maybe but its hard to say

is it in the roots or tips?

Daniel Hrnberg said:

Oh damn! So Thats where all the sticky, black dirt in some of my dreads comes from!! I used some cheap black rubberbands to keep the sectioning in the beginning :o how do i get it out?

soaring eagle said:

--
Daniel Hörnberg
@daniel-hrnberg
12 years ago
4 posts

Allright. Nope, it's nothin at the roots, just some in the middle on random spots and mostly out in the tips. So i maybe dont have to mess with the scalp.. I will try to look for a "swedish" type of that. I've tried to do some heavy bs wash and it got just very little better so i started to wonder what the heck it was :P

Bless!

soaring eagle said:

u might not be able to..

tho something like gunk out or simular will dissolve rubber and remove it it will dry out scalp and hair too its ..unknown so riskiky if its safe to use when diluted it is all natural so maybe but its hard to say

is it in the roots or tips?

Carlos Baca
@carlos-baca
12 years ago
7 posts

is it ok to use hairt ies to tie them back? like the fabric or silicone goodies?

AllOrNothing
@allornothing
12 years ago
35 posts

The fabric ones should be fine, but spending lots of time with them tied back can hinder development. Using a bandana or something is even better, because it doesn't add stress to any specific area.

Carlos Baca said:

is it ok to use hairt ies to tie them back? like the fabric or silicone goodies?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

and if u do have to loosers better then tight and the more u tie em back the more u might have to separate

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form