Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

White stuff in dreadlocks! help!

Mari Thomas
@mari-thomas
13 years ago
6 posts
I've been locking my hair for about 3 years I started my dreadlocks with Murray's bees wax about a year 1/2 latter I stoped using that and started using mango and lime locking gel I didn't like the way it made my hair feel so I stoped now i use Murray's gel loc- lock . I've recently noticed that I have this white stuff in my hair that won't come out no matter how much I wash them :(:( I feel so flustered I love my dreadlocks and really don't want to cut them off and start over . Can some one please help me
updated by @mari-thomas: 02/14/15 04:44:32AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

ofcourse u do wax never comes out of dreads its a huge mistake then alkl the other gels too plus it looks like u twist the hell out of them soi they are super skinny and real wide empty spaces around them

stop using everything! and start doing wax removal

stoip twisting stop everythuing your doing and just work on removing everything u put in them theresz a chance its mold wax will cause mild do they stink when damp?

if so we aldso gotta do mold removal with the wax removal

warning wax renmocval can take months of hard work especiasly murays

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mari Thomas
@mari-thomas
13 years ago
6 posts
They don't stink when I wash them . I had started picking at the stuff and it came out and it resembled lint . How do I go about removing the wax . What products do you suggest to remove the wax
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

under dreasducation theres a dread wax removal page ..vinaf=ger very hot water dawn dish soap maty need the body splash too its very hard to remove

ok link]=t wont hurt u i got plenty of linrpt in mine which are 21 years old si gather lint

u can pick at it might break some hau-=irs in the process or i use tea or coffee as a dye to stain it but your hairs darker so might not work as easy

but with wax your f]going to attract dirt and lint that gets stuck to them much more till the wax is out

--
Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

good luck with the removal bro

Mari Thomas
@mari-thomas
13 years ago
6 posts
@ SE thanks so much ! I'm going to get some dawn and start ASAP! I will update this discusion with how's it coming along .@change thanks I feel like I'm going to need all the luck I can get lol
Mari Thomas
@mari-thomas
13 years ago
6 posts
So after 3 hours of scrubbing 2 bottles of dawn, baking soda, acv and my loving mother helping me wash all the suds out my dreads feel sooooooooo much better! They are lighter, bouncer,and I even got my volume, and shake back!!Not to mention the stuff that was washed out during the first attempt . I was so grossed out :( the water was partially almost black it was a deep murky brown. Too think that I've had all of that on me for nearly 4 years ugh ..When we finished I promptly threw away all of that crap!See the results for yourself the first picture is my before the second is my after
Mari Thomas
@mari-thomas
13 years ago
6 posts
Side after picture
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

ok im gonna post those inline

before wax removal

stiff haqwrd looking caked in product wax and dirt

after wax removal

clean thicker fuller lighter bouncier

side before wax removal

those curls look hard

and side after

the hard curls hang straight oh what a difference

now we can file this under saved dreads im guessing but i would strswss that wax is pretty evil and even though it seems like a 1000000000000% improvement im betting theres still a good bit more that canb come out so i would do more wax removal sessions to be sure

but i am very pleased to see so much improvement

they look a million times better and im guessing youwill warn ppl not to use wax from now i=on huh

--
Mari Thomas
@mari-thomas
13 years ago
6 posts
Oh defiantly! I never want to see another jar of wax again . I can't thank you enough for saving my locks. I <3 love <3 this site !I'm going to do some more scrubbing tomorrow
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form