Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Argan Oil shampoo

Keith Lackey
@keith-lackey
13 years ago
62 posts

I went to a Sally Beauty store to find some Mayless or Dr.Bronners and had no luck. I asked the lady if they had residue free shampoo and she recommended Argan Oil shampoo since it is sulfate free. I looked at the ingredients and found Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate which sounds to similar to me. I also read online that another ingredient it contains, Dimethicone, is a plastic that actuallyprevents moisture from getting in and also causes buildup and potentially breakage.

I haven't used it and would rather have dry scalp from baking soda than risk loosing the few dreads I have. Would this shampoo be alright for a 1 time use though?

updated by @keith-lackey: 03/11/17 03:33:17AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

mayledsees is madde in a kitchen u wont find it at sallies nothing sallies carries is dread freindlty

bromnners u ccan get at target

most dread shampoos u can get online

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Keith Lackey
@keith-lackey
13 years ago
62 posts

what do you think would be the best for young dreads. Mine are a little over 6 months old. Most of my hair is loose, but I can count about 6 that are looking like dreads. I have one congo and another funny looking one in the front.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

www.dreadlockshampoo.com the liquid the bar when mature

or baking soda and acv

bronners and maylees are good but they dont work in hard water and 85% of the country has hard water i think it was..

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

the liquid helps young dreads lock up better the bars are heavenly on mature dreads

--
Keith Lackey
@keith-lackey
13 years ago
62 posts

Thanks SE I will be ordering some in just a minute. When I use it do I just let it soak in my hair or do I need to wash like I have regular hair. I'm worried the way I wash may be loosening my hair. I either let the baking soda soak in my hair or I wash it like I did before I started my dreadlocks. I'm thinking I don't need much movement with my hair during washing to keep from loosening my dreads. Does that sound right?

soaring eagle said:

or baking soda and acv

bronners and maylees are good but they dont work in hard water and 85% of the country has hard water i think it was..

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

i am 2 months 3 weeks and ive been using the bars for about a month. now i massage my scalp every wash with the bars, myhairis locking up greatly with nohindrancesof any kind that i can tell, except the sides havent yet caught up, but its till getting better, and i think that the bars are helping a lot. i can attest to the validity of SEs statement.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

when u wash bar or liquid scrub the scalp only ignoring the hair

--
Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

oh and shaking is good. untill your comfortable with your progress though i personally would hold off on the headbanging. i did untill about a month ago when i felt my hair knew what it was doing

Keith Lackey said:

Thanks SE I will be ordering some in just a minute. When I use it do I just let it soak in my hair or do I need to wash like I have regular hair. I'm worried the way I wash may be loosening my hair. I either let the baking soda soak in my hair or I wash it like I did before I started my dreadlocks. I'm thinking I don't need much movement with my hair during washing to keep from loosening my dreads. Does that sound right?

soaring eagle said:

or baking soda and acv

Keith Lackey
@keith-lackey
13 years ago
62 posts

Thanks to the both of ya. I gotta wait on my paypal to go through but when it does I'll be ordering some of that shampoo!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form