Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I'm worried that my bleach blonde hair is going to all fall out before it dreads up :(

Lexi3
@lexi3
13 years ago
7 posts

A little over a month ago I had straight thin bleach blonde hair. My hair is fried and unhealthy. I used to shampoo and condition it daily. I've wanted dreads for over a year. so about a month ago I stopped brushing and conditioning my hair. I just shampooed it every other day. After a good three weeks of nothing happening. (i could still run my fingers through my hair.) I decided to sit down and start making them. I made my dreads with the twist and rip method. I did it wrong lol. So all of my dreads have really tight knots with loose spaces in between. but I'm not really worried about that. I figure theyll become dreads eventually anyways. My concern is that my hair is falling out. I made a couple of them too big. I was looking kind of scalpy in some places. so yesterday i took 3 of them apart as gently as i could with my fingers, reseperated them into smaller sections. and then used the twist and rip method again. (this time the correct way lol) but a TON of hair started breaking off and falling out. one of the new dreads is only like 4 inches long now. the rest of my hair is shoulder length. the remade dreads just feel so weak and brittle. I'm worried about them. :/ I dont want 3 big bald spots on the top of my head. what should i do? should i leave them alone and just not touch them? or is there something i can do to strengthen the hair that wont loosen the knots?

updated by @lexi3: 02/14/15 07:44:54AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

thats qa question for panterra unfortunately bleaching that much does fry the hair

letting them go natural would certainly be the best option

but what shampoo are u using?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lexi3
@lexi3
13 years ago
7 posts

I haven't bought any special shampoo yet. I've been using normal shampoo. I figured it wouldnt matter in the first week or so. money's just been tight. but i need to go buy some thats good for my dreads. what would you recommend? is there anything i can buy at walmart or something like that?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

thats why it wasnt dreading naturaly and why u twisted and ripped and have breaking hair

if u had the right shampoo it would dread right up

options

www.dreadlockshampoo.com is some of the best

baking soda and acv very popular tpoo]

dr bronners diluted 12-1

baking soida and axcv u cabn get at walmazrt maybe bronners too i dunno

and yea it matters in the 1st weeks if u used the rigfht studff u wouldnt have had to tnr

--
Lexi3
@lexi3
13 years ago
7 posts

Yeah, i'll look into that. thanks.

Lexi3
@lexi3
13 years ago
7 posts

is there a specific dr bronners product that is best? cu i think i can definitely buy that nearby.

soaring eagle said:

thats why it wasnt dreading naturaly and why u twisted and ripped and have breaking hair

if u had the right shampoo it would dread right up

options

www.dreadlockshampoo.com is some of the best

baking soda and acv very popular tpoo]

dr bronners diluted 12-1

baking soida and axcv u cabn get at walmazrt maybe bronners too i dunno

and yea it matters in the 1st weeks if u used the rigfht studff u wouldnt have had to tnr

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

dr bronners 18 in 1 magic soap then add 12 times more water then soap

--
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts

"I could still run my fingers through my hair." That could be one of the problems. It is the same thing as combing, just substituting fingers for the actual comb. It usually takes a lot longer than 3 weeks for any knotting to start. Sometimes it takes months for the smallest knots to form. I have never bleached my hair, but anyway if i was in the same situation I would not touch my hair. If it comes undone or loose...do not redo it. If it comes completely undone...leave it undone. Let the damaged part grow out and cut it off. Start your dreading journey with healthy hair. Hair is dead protein, so it can't heal. Redoing the TnR just caused added stain and friction to already damaged and brittle hair.

Panterra will be able to give you advice on the existing damage. I trust her knowledge :)

Lexi3
@lexi3
13 years ago
7 posts

Thanks. I kind of already decided im not touching it anymore. no mantainance of any kind except maybe pulling apart congos. atleast for a few months. and i'm not worried about them coming undone. i expect that to happen. and before i TnRed my hair i wasnt running my fingers through it on a daily basis or anything...i just could. and as much as i wish i did, i didnt have the patience for completely natural dreadlocks :/ i havent dyed my hair in months, but like you said, damage to hair is pretty permanent. hopefully theyll start locking up when i get the right shampoo. and hopefully no more hair will break off so long as i dont touch it

taye said:

"I could still run my fingers through my hair." That could be one of the problems. It is the same thing as combing, just substituting fingers for the actual comb. It usually takes a lot longer than 3 weeks for any knotting to start. Sometimes it takes months for the smallest knots to form. I have never bleached my hair, but anyway if i was in the same situation I would not touch my hair. If it comes undone or loose...do not redo it. If it comes completely undone...leave it undone. Let the damaged part grow out and cut it off. Start your dreading journey with healthy hair. Hair is dead protein, so it can't heal. Redoing the TnR just caused added stain and friction to already damaged and brittle hair.

Panterra will be able to give you advice on the existing damage. I trust her knowledge :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

i would recomend the dreadlickshampoo.com stuff cause it will make your hair healythy as it can be considering the damage

bronners wouldnt be bad id maybe not try the bs acv tillk discussuing it with panterra cause it does strip color treatments and the alkeline state might do further harm tho the acv on its own might help slightly but again..ask panterra i'll have her take a peek at tghis and as usual she will overload you with info and maybe szcold u for doing such damage (dont take the scolding wrong its outr of love and concern haha)

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form