dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Some how-to hairstyles

Marvin Pollock
@marvin-pollock
13 years ago
6 posts

Hey there,

I found this thread via search engine and figured you might like our step-by-step hairstyles. We are from germany, so since our services are not reachable for most of the users here, I hope this isn't considered an inappropriate post. But the information should be useful to you nevertheless. :)

http://www.dreadfactory.de/info/dread-frisuren/

There are about 15 hairstyles at the moment and they are about to be extended in a few days. The descriptions are not translated yet, but the images should help already. I wil work out an english version as soon as possible.

I hope you like it.

Marv

updated by @marvin-pollock: 02/14/15 06:33:42AM
ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

Thanks so much, these are super']

Frank Schuster
@frank-schuster
13 years ago
95 posts

Hey Marv! I like the pics of hairstyles, too. But why do you guys "do" dreadlocks by crocheting?

Backcombing first is'nt the healthiest treatment for hair, but using the crochet hook for maintainance is

kind of evil and causes a lot of irreparable damage.

Sorry, but this site features cash free healthy dreadlocks!

cheers,

Frank

Marvin Pollock
@marvin-pollock
13 years ago
6 posts

Hi Frank,

first of all, just to clarify that we both mean the same thing when talking about the crotchet hook for maintainance: We do not use any felting-needles, we just use crotcheting-hooks to pull loose hair back into the dread.

With the right technique and if one knows what to do an what not to do, crotcheting hooks are not necessarily that bad. So far we did not have any complaints. ;)

Greetings

Marv

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

nesacarily ..that.. bad .. but they are bad very bad

ppl dont complsain cause they dont realize the harm they are doing

they also keep paying you to pull in loose hairs that you creatted by breaking loose hairs

its extremely bad and u have a responsibility to tell them its bad and to never do it

believe me when they find out how bad it is they will complain

so you should be the ones telling them not to do it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Marvin Pollock
@marvin-pollock
13 years ago
6 posts

Well, this thread was not meant to start a method discussion. I am aware of the fact, that a lot of people consider the method harmful. Nevertheless our experience shows, that we do not do any harm with our approach (I think after over eight those bad effect should have shown if they were there).

We show our customers in detail how they can maintain their dreads with different methods including the pros and cons. So we actually provide enough knowledge for everyone to NOT be dependent on us.

BTW: I am of course open for critisism, but the thread-subject was "styling" not "crotcheting". :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

the styles show the odvios signs of crocheting.. to an extreme degree and there is no way to crochet without har5m your shoving a metal hook through a dread how can yopu possibly do that withoiut harm unless you change the laws of nature so 2 solid objects can occupy the same space at the same time

youve only had dreads 6 months in that time how often did u crochet you realize it tqkes 6 months to recover from 1 crochet session?

id love to hear what you tell them about how to maintain them

and what you tell them about the pros and cons of crochet

--
Marvin Pollock
@marvin-pollock
13 years ago
6 posts

I only have my dreadlocks for six months now that's correct. When I was talking about the eight years, I meant the Dreads in the styling-pictures.

Of course the result looks different than without crotcheting the hair. Of course the result will not look like naturaly grown dreadlocks. Our customers are aware of that. That's why we have a huge gallery of our different Dreadheads, so you can see what the result may look like.

Oh, and regarding the laws of nature, sticking something in BETWEEN two object does not make them occupy the same space at the same time.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

show me a dread you can see through and then i wikll believe there is a space between the hairs big enough to put a hook through

if light cant shine through a dread how can a metal hook a light particles billions of times smaller then a crochet hook

--
Marvin Pollock
@marvin-pollock
13 years ago
6 posts

This starts to feel like I am feeding a troll...

So if you happen to stand in front of a curtain, you get stuck because you think you will destroy it if you gently push it aside?

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form