Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

synthetic dreads

Ronnie
@ronnie
13 years ago
3 posts

i currently only have one little lonely dread, i care for it very much, but id like to start my own journey. i amhoweverworried that i dont have thick enough hair, so my question is, can you have a full head of dreads and add in synthetic ones to make your dreads fuller and so you cant see a lot of scalp. if this is possible how would one go about doing it? please help

updated by @ronnie: 01/13/15 09:14:34PM
Gabriel Beauchemin
@gabriel-beauchemin
13 years ago
50 posts

if you go natural , your scalp wont be visible

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

exactly and if u go natural they will thicken up nicely

only way the scalp will be showing ids if u crochet interlock rtwist or so some other crazy thing to it

you'll be fine just stop combing and let oit dsread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
YUKON
@yukon
13 years ago
119 posts

if you get fake dreads YOU will always know that YOU have fake dreads...even if some are real....it's kind of a mockery ....and in my opinion an insult to ppl who put up with the hassles to GROW dreads in the first place.... (same as ppl who try to speak like a rasta when they aren't)...huge insult! (im not a rasta, but i relate...and i don't try to speak like i am)

i wouldn't go that route....

YUKON
@yukon
13 years ago
119 posts

....would you want someone wearing a mask of you for halloween? (insulting?....right?)

..it's about the same.....like when you see stupid fuck frat guys w/ those corny ass halloween tams w/ like 4 fake silk dreads attached...and the mandatory beer can in hand....thinking they are cool/funny.....yeah u don't know how bad i'd like to knock their teeth out. (shit isn't funny to me).

Ronnie
@ronnie
13 years ago
3 posts

im not trying to dis or be dis-ed i just want full locks, and i would still be going threw the trouble of growing dreads, i was asking for help not insult or judgement. i just need some answers and options

Matt Matt
@matt-matt
13 years ago
25 posts
You can add synthetic dreads but I think they're silly. It goes against the whole reason to have dreadlocks. If you choose to put in fake dreads, I believe you need a bit of free flowing hair to braid them into. It's not necessary though. Your dreads should thicken up over time. If you go completely natural, you won't even have a problem with seeing scalp at all.
Zoewe rane lawson
@zoewe-rane-lawson
13 years ago
12 posts
You can actully go to an Afro salon and they roll Afro hair into the dreads to thicken cause one of my friends gets that on his roots to tighten rather then bands or strings because it doesn't leave an indent bc string falls down the dreads an leave indents

Ronnie said:

im not trying to dis or be dis-ed i just want full locks, and i would still be going threw the trouble of growing dreads, i was asking for help not insult or judgement. i just need some answers and options

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

thats kinda pi]ointless and im certain they do it along with interlocking or twisting so they thin it then thicken it at the same time just an excuse to takle your money tell your freind to not bother sti]op going to the salon and they will be fuine

but ronie your missing the point here you wont have the scalp showing ifd u go natural thered bn=be no need for synthetic anythong if u dont twist crochet or interlock or do anything dumb like that just leave em alone let em dsread and no gaps between dreads at all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
elke.in.alaska
@elkeinalaska
13 years ago
90 posts
Yes you can add synthetic dreads, and/or you can add human hair dreads in with your own if you aren't happy with how your own hair dreads up. You may find some people have negative opinions about your choice as you can see. But it is *your* hair. I'd suggest you give it a shot without and see what you think first before assuming that you won't like it without. :). And enjoy YOUR hair and your experience.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form