Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

INTERLOCKING!!!

Jalen Williams
@jalen-williams
13 years ago
2 posts

just got my dreads interlocked for the first time then i read about the interlocking process and found out its make your hair fall out. Im wondering do you have to continue to get them interlocked or can i solve this now because i cant remove the interlocking i just dont want my dreads to fall out

updated by @jalen-williams: 02/14/15 07:34:13AM
Jalen Williams
@jalen-williams
13 years ago
2 posts

i meant this is the first and last time i'll be interlocking my hair because i dont want them to fall out is this safe for my dreads?

Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts

from what I can tell and remember from conversations, while this can be harmful, if you go to doing nothing to them and let them heal themselves they should recover on their own! (don't quote me tho, it's late and I'm trying to remember exactly what I've read lol)

Gabriel Beauchemin
@gabriel-beauchemin
13 years ago
50 posts

If they are interlocked once, the dreadlocks wont fall..thats sure. What is dangerous is when theyre interlocks a lot of time. Some people when tthey found that their dreadlocks are loose they interlocks it again and again...that may cause the dreadlocks to break after time if it is repeated

As Shanxon said, if you can't remove it so just forget about it, with time it will pretty much all heal.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

if u can undo the interlock u should that point it was done at will be at a minumum 305 weaker then the rest of the dread now adreads strong..very strong under healthy conditions so 305 wuiill still be strong enough to survive most m[]likely it is when its done over and over that it really gets weak

why did u have it done?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
13 years ago
2,702 posts

I've done the interlocking thing for some of my weaker ones. It doesn't seem to have hurt them too much. I just let them go once I do though. I don't keep trying to hold them together. I feel like you should just let them be, but Eagle gave me some good advice: If you have to combine 2, put a bead over them both and they'll tangle themselves together.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

evan what u did was interlocking 2 dreads together not the best idea but the interlocking this refers to is taking 1 dread making a gap in its own root and oulling the entire dread through that gap over and over it used to be known as root flipping

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
13 years ago
2,702 posts

Oh, I see. Yeah, that'll just make the sides thinner and thinner, maybe strong, but by leaving a gap in the middle, their's really no body to the lock.

What do you think about tieing knots on locks around their thin parts? I don't mean by the root. But lets say it's thin in the middle, would tieing a knot hurt at all?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u tie a knot u weaken it buy 30% or more and its more likely to break

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

evan are u familiar with bucks county? know where van sant airport is?

i flew gliders there.. gliders use a long tow rope from a tow plane to the glider with 2 "weak links) added the weak link at the gliders end i think has to be between 150 and 200% of the gliders weight and the weak link at the tow plane end something like 50% stronger this is a safety feature so if the rope breaks it breaks at the glider so the glider can safely land cause if theres a 150 foot rope hanging from the nose it can tangle round wings or tail or catch on fences or trees while landing causing a cfrash also it alows you to intentionaly break it there if the tow rope release fails to release

now the point of this lesson is that the tow rope itself has to be significantly stronger then the 2 weak links so it wont break in the middle

now the 1st thing you do before hooking the tow rop to the plane is inspect it for knots as a knot can form when the tow plane lands so the groundsman will take the rope and run it through his hands from the tow plan to the weak link while the glider pilot watches from the cockpit looking for knots

a single knot in the tow rope can cause a rope break..and possibly a crash

1 knot weakens the tow rope a minumum of 30% sometimes more

srry long way of explaing wwhy tying a knot to fix a weak spot actualy weakens the weak spot more

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form