Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

so my girl friend wants to re do my dreads

GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
13 years ago
155 posts

So my girlfriend wants to comb out my dreads and re make them. And I have no clue how she is planning to do this. Considering that I'm not really willing to do this. She has this whole concept that my dreads arent that great looking because they don't look like the people in "korn's" manufactured dreads.

I like her alot but i like my dreads alot and aren't about to change for anyone. I don't really know if this is a question vs a rant. But I've had my dreads for almost 4 years and not about to cut them for somone ive only known 4 months.

updated by @gratefulnick: 01/13/15 09:14:18PM
Ugglan
@ugglan
13 years ago
1 posts

dont do it ! they are perfekt the way they are <3

Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts

She needs to understand everyones dreads are just like them, unique....well if they're not manufactured. If she really cares for you she will accept and love your hair just as she does you! <3

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

tell her sure she can redo your dreads if u can surgicaly alter everythuing about her to fit your image of the perfect woman

tell her that your dreads are yours they are just the way they should be and anything shed do to redo them would be a huge mistake and destroy 4 years of progress

id ask her what she plasnned to do then take it as an opurtunity to dreaducate her

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dizzie Devil
@dizzie-devil
13 years ago
18 posts

Why do people get into relationships with other people if they dont like or cant accept everything they are?? Why does she have to change you?? I say, if she wants you, she needs to back off!! Otherwise, hit the trail!!! She should be loving you for not being like everyone else, not loving part of it and thinking the other parts are like moldable clay. This is just wrong in every way!! She doesnt deserve someone who has a real personality!

Dizzie Devil
@dizzie-devil
13 years ago
18 posts

I say, BEWARE! If she wants to change this now, she will want to change other things later. I dont think these types of people care to be educated, they want what they want regardless of how the other person feels about it.....

soaring eagle said:

tell her sure she can redo your dreads if u can surgicaly alter everythuing about her to fit your image of the perfect woman

tell her that your dreads are yours they are just the way they should be and anything shed do to redo them would be a huge mistake and destroy 4 years of progress

id ask her what she plasnned to do then take it as an opurtunity to dreaducate her

GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
13 years ago
155 posts

thank you for all the advice

FoxPaw
@foxpaw
13 years ago
114 posts

yeah no way dude thats a bad i dea from the start. I'm sure you wont do it (DONT DO IT!) but if you do, it'll be a chain reaction of other changes that come to her mind. Like the others said, just dreaducate her.

Daniel Hörnberg
@daniel-hrnberg
12 years ago
4 posts

I dont belive the guys in KoRn have so manufactured dreads.. at least Jonathan Davis looks like he have a bit natural (maybe tnr). Cuz he often got lots of loose hair :P And it can be a bit tricky situation but just try to say no in a friendly way and hopefully she will forget about it in time :P

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form