Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

need help with "dread up due" or "dreadlock styles for women"

angela Golden
@angela-golden
13 years ago
3 posts

I am a girl who has 2 small kids and cant have my dreads hanging down all the time so i tend to tie them back almost every day. When i do happen to venture out of the home id like to be able to tie them up but not just in a pony like every other day. Some times i have to go to a wedding or out and need to look "classy" and would like some tips for some styles for dreads. if you have any suggestions on quick easy styles please let me know=) typically i use hemp to tie them back or up, seems to be the only thing that can hold my massive amount of hair with out breaking or failing half way through the day.

or maybe not even quick and easy but still cute, let me know too=) thank you!!

updated by @angela-golden: 02/05/18 02:46:26AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

use your dreads to tie your dreads

\ok a cutsey classy look

take a bunch on 1 side twist em all together now in the direction u twisted wrap them arou8nd the top taking the loose ones and wraping over those around and around tucking in the ends to form a crown or sort of basket

alternative

take all dreads on each side cross emk over the back dreads tuck 1 side under the other pull tight

then take the loose back dreads pull up over the crossed dreads and tuck under

opotionsaly u can leave the ends loose or wrap them round and tuck em out of sight

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
angela Golden
@angela-golden
13 years ago
3 posts

thank you i will try them out =) the second one sound like it would be really cute

Gilly's Mum
@gillys-mum
12 years ago
25 posts

Sometimes I put Gilly's dreads half up in two french braids and it looks really nice!

I take about 5 dreads from the front (she has 32 so most of em are on the bigger side) and start to braid and pick up a few more as i got and stop about half way. Then I tie it offwith one of her thinner dreads and move on to the other side and do the same thing.

I let the bottom half of her dreads hang free and it looks really nice, I think :-)

I'll take a picture next time I put them up like that

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

you hsve dreads use your dreads to tie em up not hemp

some classy styles

crown

take a few on 1 sifde twist em together say on the right side twist clockwise then wrap those twisted dreads round your head as you do take kloose dreads and wrap then round same direction continue around tucking them in as you f=go to form a crownlike ring of twistd dreads

optional make it a basket with loose dresads from the top made into 1-4 buns in the basket

french braid them

if not long the double pigtaiks from the siddes is cut

split the dreads in 2 sections cross them over tuck 1under the other pull tight

optional tuck th rwst in and around

double buns

buns with tails

dreadss are so fun to play with styles be creative just use yiur dreads to weave and tie em in diferent forms

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

oops didjnt realize i replied alreadty

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus