Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Am I doing something wrong?

Joseph
@joseph
13 years ago
37 posts
I started dreading in June of this year, with very little hair. As of now, it's grown out a bunch, but I'm not noticing any progress. I wash every 2-4 days with dr Bronners and I let it air dry (after headbanging to help the drying process.) I don't touch it, really. I just feel that after 5 months, I should have noticed some progress. So if anyone could think of something I could be doing wrong, that'd be great.
updated by @joseph: 11/13/15 10:13:57PM
Joseph
@joseph
13 years ago
37 posts
Really? Okay. What's heb? And I think I might try out the baking soda wash.

Rico Bendimez said:

Stop using Dr. Bronners. I have found that it isn't that good for dreading your hair. Use the baking soda wash, that will help you out. Or in my experience you can go out to HEB and buy the $6 shampoo "Tea Tree - Mint Organix" This helped my dreads a whole lot quicker. I dunno why, but it helped me. For instance, I had this bunch in my dreads that didn't do anything then I switched from bronners to the tea-tree mint and now it is a baby dread growing up to be a big boy. Here is hoping that I help.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

bs/acv might help but how longs it now?

u do sea salt at all?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Joseph
@joseph
13 years ago
37 posts
Still the same length. I'll try sea salt

soaring eagle said:

bs/acv might help but how longs it now?

u do sea salt at all?

Matt Matt
@matt-matt
13 years ago
25 posts

Looking at your picture, your hair doesn't seem that long. Just keep waiting man. It'll get there.

Rachel Guthrie
@rachel-guthrie
13 years ago
36 posts

are you doing the natural method?

Joseph
@joseph
13 years ago
37 posts
Absolutely.

Rachel Guthrie said:

are you doing the natural method?