Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

flat dreads?

motor
@motor
13 years ago
9 posts
I know a lot of people have said stuff about this before, but I can never find a definitive answer. What is the best way to get a flat dread to round out? I have one particularly stubborn dread which is very flat and I don't like it too much, I think it's from where I sleep on it but at the root it is very flat. I've tried to round it out by putting little bands around to encourage it to stay together but it doesn't appear to be working too well, if I leave them on long enough it will stay roundish for a couple of days maybe but then it will just return to being flat again. Any ideas? It's at the front too so I don't want to wrap it in something and it be really obvious.Also not sure what category this should be in so sorry if it's the wrong one!
updated by @motor: 01/13/15 09:14:05PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

theres nothing wrong with flat dreads but dreads that are flat will almost always go roundish by doing nothing when it gets flat 1 way awhu]ile then riolls over and goes flat another it tends to go round

leave it alone

but if it stays flat its just more interesting then the boring round ones

u can try a bead tho..u never want bands in dreads ever

but really all u need to do is let it dread..leave it alone

its fine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
K.E.
@ke
13 years ago
35 posts

Bruh, almost all my shit flat lol..

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
13 years ago
409 posts

Good question, motor.

With the way my hair is going all my hair is going to be flat in the back and spirals on the sides. Any ideas for THAT abomination?!! ROFL

Beads in the back and... shit. I don't know. Tassels on the sides just for good holiday measure?

Aika
@aika
13 years ago
57 posts

if you're too impatient to just wait for them to round out like se said, a peyote sleeve should help a little...i mean, it's like putting your dread in a tube. it's bound to do something along the lines of rounding it out. you can make one yourself or order one from one of the people on this site that sells them. but yeah, flat dreads rock just as much as round ones. :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form