Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

some questions about sea water!

laura ewing
@laura-ewing
13 years ago
40 posts

My dreads are 4 month old and my hair is really straight...they are getting tighter on the roots than on the tips and I have a lot of loose hair around them.. I was thinking if using some sea water on them will help the tips to progress a little faster...since I dont have sea water I would like to know if I can mix sea salt with warm water and spray it on my hair or rinse my hair with it...and If I can ...how much of salt for every cup of water??

updated by @laura-ewing: 01/13/15 09:14:04PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

what do u mean bout the tips the tips are better off staying loose

but

3.5% of the water volume

and dont leave it on for too long couple hours max

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
laura ewing
@laura-ewing
13 years ago
40 posts

it is just weird..the hair that is growing on my roots is dreading and is getting pretty tight and then 3 inch down my dreads the hair is really loose and weak...i dont know maybe is just the normal process and i am being to impatient!...when i say tips i dont mean the very bottom..i mean almost the hole dread!..i was thinking maybe the sea water will help them to dread..thanks for the info!!...i has been reading around the forum and i should use it a couple of hours before washing my hair right?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

tyea but your at 4 months they are usualy at the loosest around that time if u backcomb or tnr

but salt water will help

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
laura ewing
@laura-ewing
13 years ago
40 posts

yeah i did tnr...thanks so much for the help!!

Chris Anderson
@chris-anderson
13 years ago
6 posts

Salt water really did wonders for my hair. I was lucky enough to work this summer on a boat and was in the ocean almost everyday. I think the process of being in the ocean and then drying in the sun really caused my hair to lock up much faster.

laura ewing
@laura-ewing
13 years ago
40 posts

Thanks Chris!...I will definitely try!!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form