Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

natural dreads catagories freeform organic neglect

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

when talking about natural dreads theres alot of confusion many think natural dreads just mean never been waxed or permed so they think crochet is natural some will even say its anything thats not synthetic hair even if its not your own hair.

but in reality natural dreads refer to 3 specific catagories neglect freeform and organic

but the confusion don't end there .. the lines that define freeform organic and neglect arent often known or cleR and these terms are used wrong too..in fact ii'm not even too clear on the diferences. i had read an article on it last year but could never find it again to remind myself.

so does anyone know what exactly defines freeform ..organic..and neglect?

what are the exact diferences in each? i know its a matter of adding a tiny bit of control or none at all but what are the specifics?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 09:13:48PM
Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
13 years ago
120 posts

I definitely don't know the exacts but I usually think of it like this - I usually hear people with african textured hair use the term free form, and if you look on youtube like everyone under the search free form is black.

I think of "neglect" as an improper term, and Organic I think of as just washed and seperated.

I know that wasn't exactly what you were looking for but just thought I'd add my two cents ;p

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

nope thats not it at all in fact i believe organic means no seperation or freeform does 1 otr the other and neglect is a proper term (for a method but does not imply total neglect)

the diferences are just a matter of how much or lil intervention is used in preventing them from doing completely as they wish ..iee congoing like crazy

--
Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
13 years ago
120 posts

So are these established terms or something? And if so who decided that? And even if they are I think the term neglect should be abolished because it has negative connotations which dreads obviously don't need. And no seperation doesn't that always usually end in the uni dread? Cause if so I would have a hard time only referring to unis as organic. Though actually I could see what you mean if free form means no seperation cause it always seems when I see dreads under free form the roots look like they trying to form together but I always though that was just because african textured hair fros really quick. Do you think it could just be more popular for black people to say free form? Cause I'm telling you, youtube that shit there are like only black people using that term

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

they are established terms u wont be able to change the term neglect since its so widely used its not just among 1 culrture or another tho like locs is used more frequently while others probly use natural or neglect more often cause of a lack of understanding in the differences

and no

lack of seperation wont always end in a unidread but will tend to result in more congos

unidreads are usualy fromkj keeping them tied back or in a hat too much

it can happen purely from no seperation but no seperation usualy just means wild crazy dreads that do whatever they want ..bob marley didnt seperate murs.. and ofcourse on here hummingbird love gorrila is a great example

--
Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
13 years ago
120 posts

Hummingbird love gorrilas dreads are dope <3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form