Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

911need help.....otherwise i'll have to take out my dreads

Sickness
@sickness
13 years ago
8 posts

Hi all. I've been letting my dreads do their natural thing while cleansing them with SE's BS recipe. More specifically 3/4 cup baking soda, 10 drops tea tree oil, 20 drops lavender oil, 20 drops rosemary oil. After letting it soak for 20 to 30 minutes I rinse my dreads out with cool water. After that I do the AC rinse ( same amount of oil as BS recipe, with 1 gallon of water and a "glob" of cocoa butter). I also spray with water and sea salt after each wash. I also tried 5 drops of lemon, 1 drop of tea tree oil and 1 drop of rosemary with a 50/50 mix.I'm having two main issues with my dreads and scalp.

1.The main issues i'm having is dandruff. It goes away after the wash but comes back within hours. I can't seem to stop the dandruff no matter what. In my line of work this is unacceptable, both to me and my job.

2. A few of my dreads are too loose at the roots. I know that 3 to 4 inches is normal for a loose root, however a few of my dreads are coming undone and are halfway loose while the other half is dreaded.

Please, I DO NOT want to take my dreads out, but if I can't at least fix issue number one I'm going to have to take my dreads out.

updated by @sickness: 01/13/15 09:13:09PM
Sickness
@sickness
13 years ago
8 posts

i forgot to mention that since i have a naturally oily scalp and sweat heavily regularly, i cleanse my dreads 2 to 3 times a week.

Sickness
@sickness
13 years ago
8 posts

a little over a month

Rachel NattyDee
@rachel-nattydee
13 years ago
53 posts
are you leaving the sea salt spray in? I thought you had to rinse that out? I've read that it takes a while for yr scalp to adjust...maybe wear a hat to work in the meantime?
Kristina
@kristina
13 years ago
13 posts

Hallo sicknes,

Here is what helped me:

I am dreading now for 6 mounth (this days is anywersary).

I have had in that mounts all kind of scalp issues and conditions. on my shower there is weak water stream, so it never rinsed out complite dandruff. You need strong water stream, if you don+t- like me... I use bucket, or a bottle for risening with clear water.

I had pain of scalp, itch, dandruff. I am washing my hair 2-3 times per week. when it was worst I have used shampoo with mentol against dandruff (it is for man- and it is against itch)-it worked for me perfectly.Ones I coud not sleep from itchyng, I must go under shower and it always helps.

I made also bottle of water with mentol, good amount of drops of pepermint oil and rosemary, to put on spots where itched most :D

I tryed to wash soda/AC, but sometimes from AC it was worse for me...and my soul mate (love) hates AC smell so I am back on regular shampoo.

Lately, I started to look closely to SEPARATE them regularly - it looks that it helps for pain, becouse they don't take some far away hairs, so there is no pooling and tension.

And I started to use that rinsing with huge botle to produce strong stream of water.

Dandruff- Some of typs are yeasts. yeasts like to live on acid, dark, wet spots. It has also something to do with eating lot of meat (ti makes your body be mora acid, and our blood must be little soda like- that unbalance can produce lot of issues related with sweating, dandruff and so one). Try also to dry your scalp with hair dryer after washing(so your scalp is not wet for long). Other typs are like seborrhea, it comes from inside of body.

Now I am washing my hair with cheepest huge botle shampoo for grasy hair and it works for me best for now...

Lately my dreadlocks find peace, and start to feel good on my head.. I can imagine that hair must accomodate on new ways of growth, scalp must to weare all that weight- be gentle and polite with your body, and give him time to learn new ways.

It is jurney, One bed day, or week is not make me run home and hide under blanket. I knowe that my body will accommodate... I just need as mouch is posible not to think about my dreadlocks.

Separate them, keep them cleen and waith, I see on photos you are doing great job!

GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
13 years ago
155 posts

Dandruff is cause by extrem heat or cold weather, they say that baking soda is one of the best agents in fighting dandruff. I would just use baking soda and acv for a while sounds like your using to many different things.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

stop using cocoa butter thats going to make them loose

try the new dreadlockshamooo bar and a rinse with rosemary and teatree

umm

your j=ob cant sayt shit about dandruff wich is a medical condition and they will bnot even notice it anyway

its also a normal part of dreading early on u can control it but might not eliminate it

u can try mixing a small amount of fructese anti dandrukff clear control formula in with the bs

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea stop the cocoa butter stop the sea salt if u use sea salt use it rarely andbeforwe not after the other stuff

thr sea salt asfter ids causeing the issue add it to the bs if anything

would your job dare fire u over a zit? dandruff is as much a medical condition as pimples

they cannot fire u over that

so dont worry

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form