Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreadlocks shampoo review after extended use

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

After using the dreadlocks shampoo for a couple weeks i am even more in love with it as you know i've used the baking soda almost exclusively for several years now using no soap at all most of the time and my bad scalp probs got 90% better but id start having probs the day b4 i washed next as well as find dry flaky almost scaly skin around my nose and ears..and hairline

2 weeks ago i got samples of 5 or so dreadlocks shampoo bars from www.dreadlockshampoo.com and 1 body bar 1 complexion bar from www.buckscountysoapfactory.com (both sites run by the same soaomaker)

the dreadlocks shampoo made my dreads feel amazing! so soft so light so clean so wonderful the scents are heavenly too but whats amazing is my scalp well after 1st wash there was som sebum buildup for several days as my scalp adjusted to no more baking soda and now soap but after 2n wash that was no longer an issue

my scalps in absolute prfect shape now no flakes no drynes no nothing and ontop of that today was my usual wash day and i did wash tho i didnt feel like i had to no dry itchy scalp no dirty feeling i still felt perfectly clean from the last wash

visibly my hair looks very clean..and healthy

ok now i used the complexion bar on my face twice now after taking a puicture days ago and noticing how old my skin was looking how blotchy and my nose had blackheads or at least pores that were dirty looking

so i used the complexion bar on my face twice i havent looked in the mirror yet (or at all this year?) but the way my skin feels i can tell it looks 1000% better smoother and healthir feeling then its ever been since ..probly since i was a baby..

i also used the body bar on my body and i'm, not gonna claim any dramatic effects but it got the job done made my skin clean and feeling good

i would highly recomend all her products ..and after using her drea soaops for just a couple weeks i believe i'll probly never use anything else ever again..

note: these are amazing for mature dreads ..imature dreads should experiment but there will be a new liquid shampoo soon designed to help young dreads dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 01:24:00PM
hippiegal
@hippiegal
13 years ago
182 posts

Thanks, SE. When my shampoo runs out I'll try this. Out of curiosity, I googled to see if there were any local (Australian) organic dread shampoo makers, and there are. But they offer a whole range of fancily-packaged, hyped-up and and overpriced products. Some are put out by a salon. No different from ordinary commercial shampoomarketing. So it's not just DHHQ etc with their wax-based products we need to watch out for. For those who desperately want to have dreads, there are msny consumer traps.

I just browsed through your discussion group about starting over after wax and similar product use. It made me realize how lucky I was not to have taken that path, because I nearly did. Then I thought again, because this was sort of thing I wanted to get away from.

However, from looking at their site, these dread shampoo makers don't seem to over-charge and over-package. Am I right? I look forward to trying it.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

absolutely not and they are very well made from only the best and eco frindl=iest ingredients like she reseaerches where every single thing comes from ..like bronners has very high ethics but aparentky 1 of the ingredients is harvested through slave labour

she goes through great lengths to make sure all her ingredients come from ethical sourses never tested on animals etc

the aussie salon i bet i know which 1 u mean and yea id avoid em

--
hippiegal
@hippiegal
13 years ago
182 posts

A business well worth supporting then. I'll order some soon as I can.

Aika
@aika
13 years ago
57 posts

I was finally able to use my dread shampoo bar the other day, and it was everything i expected based on the reviews given here. like se said it left my hair so light-feeling and fluffy. usually after a wash they are very heavy and dense, but this shampoo gave my hair a lot of volume, which was great. tonight is wash night, but i could definitely go another day without washing if i wanted to because my scalp is not greasy and my hair is still fluffy from the shampoo. and for once my dreads smell like something other than hair ( i got the satsuma - citrusy one) because all the residue free shampoos leave no scent. just another pro to this shampoo! and one more thing that i really liked was how easy it was to lather it up in my hair/scalp. i just rubbed the bar in a couple of places around my scalp and that was enough to wash my whole head. i hope the seller could see all of these positive reviews about her soap! i am definitely sticking to this for as long as i can. A+!

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

today is my one and a half month mark, i used the patchouli bar yesterday morning, and last night i found so many more sections that were really tight. even with the scrubbing i did on my scalp, none of my sections from what i can tell got any more loose than normal, and like i said i found a lot more tighter sections than i had the day before. im thinking of using these soaps every wash now. absolutely amazing i love them.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i can see 1 drawback tho

now ppl are gonna want to play with my dreads twice as much

--
Arden Rayne
@arden-rayne
13 years ago
18 posts

Where do you get this dread soap?

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

its linked in the post :)

http://www.dreadlockshampoo.com/

@SE haha yesterday n today ive been playing with mine twice as much haha

one life
@one-life
13 years ago
5 posts
Just orderd the patchouli bar! Cant wait use it!Ive been having problem with scalp flake and itchyness. Hope this helps!One question....how should I go about using it?
 / 9

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form