Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New Dreadlock Shampoo Bars

Cameron Zion
@cameron-zion
13 years ago
45 posts

I got my Dreadlock Shampoo Bars in the mail today and could smell the Patchouli before I opened the mail-box. I live in the mountains of VA and my water is heavy with minerals so I was looking forward to seeing how the bars would work. It doesn't take much water to get them to a lather and they smell amazing. It was really easy to rinse them out of my dreads too. I didn't feel like I had to stand in the shower for 20 minutes to feel clean. There was a hand-written note and two samples, Calendula and Rhassoul. One is a soap to lather and apply to your face and the other you move directly on the skin to clean and remove dead-skin. For the first time in a long long long time my face feels clean. My skin isn't very oily anymore but since I moved out here it has felt like I couldn't remove any dirt instead I'm just tossing on a layer of lime. Highly recommend any of their products to anyone who cares about the health of their dreads. Especially if you have hard-water, this is your saving grace. A dreadlock shampoo that is good for your hair, good for the planet, smells incredible, saves you money, and the people making them give are clearly passionate about what they are doing. As a community we need to help support a company who not only gives a shit about themselves. But the rest of us as well.

edit by admin:

the shampoo being discussed is available at www.dreadlockshampoo.com

they also make non dread soaps at www.buckscountysoapfactory.com

we have a dozen dread shampoo shops at http://shops.dreadlockssite.com

updated by @cameron-zion: 02/14/15 05:45:55AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

iused it today too and im in love i may give up bsal together and just use these

mydr eads ..and skinhave never felt so damn fgood and healthy

ive been talking to the soapmaker by phone andshe is a special lady shes offered to let us use her 25 acres to start a organic farm and talking to heruju st know she puts a hell of alot of consuse thought into her products to be sure only the most ethical ingredients are used

im amazed at how good my skin and dreads feel now after 1 use

i intend to help her redesign both her shops sites to help her get her products out there more cause they are amazing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

laureni edited the 1stpost to add the addresses

--
Cameron Zion
@cameron-zion
13 years ago
45 posts

That's wonderful about utilizing her land SE. I've been so inspired by the good people I've been crossing paths with lately. Feeling pretty good about life in general at the moment. Lauren - If you get something strong like Patchouli you won't be able to keep the scent out of your hair. Plus the fact that they actually lather is amazing. I know that sounds like such a simple thing but there is just something that feels good about soap that lathers really well. I can't express how relieving it is to not be thinking about trying something knew. Plus if you have to go through TSA they won't make you through away your shampoo for fear that it's explosive. Another great incentive. So happy to have a company that I want to support because I know they will use their added resources to make positive change. Oh and one more thing! Thank you SE for the "like" on the new song, means more than you know. :)

ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

lol, I had to go buy one after reading all these rave reviews, I bought Dragons Blood'] Sean you should write up my shop, hahaha!

Emsgonnadread!
@emsgonnadread
13 years ago
5 posts
Hi I grew up in Virginia..I now live in England. I hope she will ship over here. There isn't much choice from dread soap/shampoo over here. So great to get a good recommendation. Thanks so much. Have a good one..:)
Meagan
@meagan
13 years ago
3 posts

I just ordered the spearmint and eucalyptus kind. Can't wait to get them in and try them. I haven't ever used any "dreadlock shampoos" before. I've been using baking soda with lavender and tea tree oil. I just ran out of lavender oil, and it cost me about as much as this shampoo bar did, so I'm excited to see how it works and how long it lasts!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

as soon as i get the new shop up she will till then u will have to make special arrangement for shipping cause its not automated in the order process yet

Emsgonnadread! said:

Hi I grew up in Virginia..I now live in England. I hope she will ship over here. There isn't much choice from dread soap/shampoo over here. So great to get a good recommendation. Thanks so much. Have a good one..:)

--
Cameron Zion
@cameron-zion
13 years ago
45 posts

Glad I could be of some help. For a business owner it's always nice when a product promotes itself because of its quality.

Cameron Zion
@cameron-zion
13 years ago
45 posts

I hope they do too I have a few friends in Chester and I don't want them to miss out. My friend/temporary manager/giver of fatherly advice's wife is English. So worse comes to worse we'll just bring loads of soap when we head that way.

Emsgonnadread! said:

/ 7

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form