Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

one dread wonder

Cutter
@cutter
13 years ago
14 posts

some background before I can get a picture up, I had a mohawk of and on for the past 5 years and i finally decied to do something different, I have a weird sort of mullet. I plan on getting the "party in the back" part dreaded.

But I had allways wanted to buy some of the KnotyBoy stuff I had seen, but I never have the money to throw away on it. So I looked into other options, and found this place after I had my girlfriend spend 2 hours on one lock. So I am now 1.5 weeks into the process, but going natural ( Im leaving the back combed dread to go its course) with the rest.

Ive done 1 baking soda wash, and made a sea salt spray ive used only a few times so far just to kind of mist the dreads but not soak. Ivealreadynoticed 1 or two little knotted spots, but nothing crazy.

Im itchin for a dread mullet.

-Cutter

updated by @cutter: 02/14/15 09:06:02AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

well your doin fine ..u didnt gt or use the knottyboy crap i hope right?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cutter
@cutter
13 years ago
14 posts

no sir I didnt, like I said I reallydon'thave money to spare. The thought that came to mind was peopledidn'tneed this shit before, why would they need it now?

I do have a question though I work in a dirty ass job. Ive been covering my hair up with a bandanna (but the hair is still exposed). Since winterscomingup theirs no ventilation in the shop, and the air gets thick with welding smoking. I also will get to grinding on steel. I come home coverd in soot and dirt from the steel.

Would it hurt to do more regular baking soda rinses?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

nope u can every day as liong as it gets completely dry every 2 days is better

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cutter
@cutter
13 years ago
14 posts

Ill probably just push it to every three days, the cooler weather makes it easier to cover them up with a wool hat or something. I plan on just tucking them all under my jacket I can get most of my hair into it cept a fewstragglers. If Im even doing this kinda work in thecomingmonths.

Thanks for all the help this place is awesome.

Cutter
@cutter
13 years ago
14 posts

almost three weeks.

updated by @cutter: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Cutter
@cutter
13 years ago
14 posts

I can allready tell themaintenanceis gonna get old as far as the undreaded part of my hair, i might eventually just let the back take over in a kind of dread hawk haha.
I can feel plenty of tangles and knots right now, a tinny baby dread kinda poped next to the back combed one, but it could be gone tomorrow. Quite the adventure.

kye
@kye
13 years ago
14 posts

monkey punk?

Cutter
@cutter
12 years ago
14 posts

uhh, yea hi DV right?

Cutter
@cutter
12 years ago
14 posts

4 Months in, I have some pretty solid locks goin on. I dont think Im getting them very clean I wash them on monday and on fridays. They end up feelin kinda greesy,so I bought some soap from that new dreadshampoo site. About 2 weeks ago I decieded to stop combing the rest of my hawk. I figure once the rest of my hawk starts dreading ( If I dont shave them off. ) Ill just let the sides grow out.

Ill post some photos soon!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form