Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

White residue on scalp

LordMoe
@lordmoe
13 years ago
23 posts

Hello everyone. I've been using the Baking Soda + ACV rinse for nearly three months now, like a good boy. Today I was showering a scratched my scalp and noticed kind of a thick, white residue on my scalp. I don't know what it is but I'm going to guess it's undesirable, lol

updated by @lordmoe: 02/14/15 07:51:22AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

how are u mixing it and are u using the oils

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
LordMoe
@lordmoe
13 years ago
23 posts

well, what I do is scoop about 1/2 cup of baking soda into a jug. The jug can hold about 4 cups of water. Then I fill up the jug, in the shower, with about 4 cups of warm water, mixing the baking soda by hand as it fills up. I pour that over my head and let it do it's job while I wash the rest of my body. After I rinse the rest of myself off, I let the water rinse my hair out. I don't run my fingers or anything through my hair, I let the warm water do the trick. Then I pour some ACV into the bottom of the jug. I don't have a specific measurement for that; about 1/2 cup I guess is what I usually have. I fill up the jug again with warm water to the top (4 cups) and pour that mixture over my head. I let it sit for a while, then I rinse it out with cold water, again just letting the water do the rinsing.

I do not have the essential oils yet. I ordered them and they will hopefully come this week. I bought tea tree oil and rosemary oil

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

the oils should help but that seems strong how many tablespoons are in a 1/2 cup how many cups in a gallon?

i do that much or less bs in a gallon

tho im not sure thats the issue cause stronger usualyremoved the dead skin muck better

bout how long do u soak at a guess?

--
LordMoe
@lordmoe
13 years ago
23 posts

8 tablespoons in a half cup, 16 cups in a gallon. That means I use about 8 tablespoons of baking soda and half a gallon of water to wash with. So maybe I'm using too much baking soda.

Also, I'd say I let the baking soda mixture do its job for about 5-10 minutes while I wash the rest of my body. I let the acv soak for about the same amount of time.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea thats tio strong and the acv till your dreads are mature u use very lil and rinse imediately u dont soak the acv till they are good n rtight then just 3 min

--
LordMoe
@lordmoe
13 years ago
23 posts

okay. makes sense to me.

thanks

Blame the Moon
@blame-the-moon
13 years ago
5 posts

I get that when i use too much baking soda, and it sounds like you are. I've been washing my hair with baking soda and acv for over 5 years now. The ratio that works best for most people is tablespoon baking soda for every cup. And make sure you rinse it out well.

LordMoe
@lordmoe
13 years ago
23 posts

sounds like a good ratio. I will be sure to keep that in mind

LordMoe
@lordmoe
13 years ago
23 posts

could the white film be sebum?

/ 2

Dislike 0