Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreading loved ones hair into my own?

sambo
@sambo
13 years ago
37 posts

wondering if i can dread hair from my mum and sister (neither have dreads) into my own? peace :)

updated by @sambo: 01/13/15 09:11:48PM
Heathen Hippie )O(
@heathen-hippie-o
13 years ago
164 posts

Uhm... this question is confusing as hell. :/ Can you clarify please?

Kathleen2
@kathleen2
13 years ago
14 posts

I dont see why not, people do stuff like that all the tims. Just get them to cut whatever hair off and then dread it up yourself and attach it like you would for an extension onto the ends of your dreads. I'm sure theres a video on youtube for how to attach it. Might involve some crocheting tho :/

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

theres other ways yiu can twist n rip it in or u can stick it in a bead along with your hair and let it dread naturaly i know some1 who dreaded tuffs of her cats hair in with her hair

my best freind has a lil peice of my dread in hers just stuck it into a bead and let it fuse

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

wow this concept just blew my mind

mellowtone
@mellowtone
13 years ago
48 posts

i want to do this

sambo
@sambo
13 years ago
37 posts
sorry for being so brief i was on a library computer and had about 30 seconds to post :p thanks for the info everyone, my dreads are still only babies (nearly a month old TnR about 6 inches long) SE: i do like the idea of TnR with a bead to join though maybe i would have to wait till they mature? KATHLEEN: would crochet be ok for young dreads? (just to join, nothing more) and also to dread the new hair before i try to attach it, would TnR work? you guys rock:) peace
Kathleen2
@kathleen2
13 years ago
14 posts

Wow sorry for such a late reply, I just now saw this.

Well soaring eagle said that you could just TnR the new hair in, I can kinda see how this works but I'm not entirely sure.

The way I've seen the extensions be put in is by first taking the hair you plan on putting in, dread it up with whatever method you prefer, and then using a looseish end to crochet it onto the end of your locs.

If you go on youtube and search dreadlock extensions how to or something along the lines of that I'm sure you'll find a couple vids to help you.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form