Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Business Owner with Dreadlocks?

Moonchild
@moonchild
13 years ago
12 posts

I graduated in March and am trying to start my practice as a Wholistic Nutritionist. I worked at a yoga studio in the summer and then moved at the end of August and am working on my apprenticeship. I have a long distance consultation practice available online (simply-love-food.ca)

I need some rent and food money, and want to work a couple days a week while I start my practice. but I can't seem to find a job in the city I am right now, even places that advertise "Help Wanted"

My family thinks that my hair is holding me back. I tie them back into a bun or wear a scarf if I talk to potential employers.

Could it really be that people wouldn't want to hire someone because of a hairstyle? Should I worry that my hair might hold my business back in the future?

updated by @moonchild: 01/13/15 09:11:42PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

im moving this to the employment section but nah everyones having trouble finding jobs these days

starting your own business is the way to go for sure

1 suggestion a freind did since your a nutitionist she crreated a job for herself going to rich lazy ppls houses and cooking macrobuiotic meals for them

its been so successful we never see her anymore cause shes so busy

she started with hanging flyers getting a couple clients they told others and before long she had more hen she could handle

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form