Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Crochet ( Hooking) Recovery

Kaila Gareau Kangas
@kaila-gareau-kangas
13 years ago
8 posts

I started my dreads 8 months ago and became addicted to Hooking. I went about my dreads in the wrong way : ( After finding this site I'm proud to say I have stopped Thank you SE for your support.

Can I still palm roll or will it prevent locking. I would love to just leave them be but that is not realistic for me. Has anyone else made the mistake of crocheting there dreadies and recovered I would love to see your pics.

updated by @kaila-gareau-kangas: 01/13/15 09:11:32PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

theres lots and lots who are recovering u can palm rioll but its really a waste of time and effort

u can just leave em be

congrats on no longer being a hooker (haha sorry couldnt resist the pun)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Egubman
@egubman
13 years ago
46 posts

i had dreads and crocheted them for 2 and a half months. then i saw this sight and havent crocheted since! its been almost 3 weeks without crocheting...after one week itself you can feel the difference! got lose hair here and there but i can feel in the roots mainly, it has started dreading properly..good luck!!

Hans Miniar Jónsson
@hans-miniar-jnsson
13 years ago
74 posts

it's really quite good to read these posts and comments on crochet recovery and the fact it's possible that just given time they'll be fine because, I took a crochet needle to my locks when they were but a few weeks old.

Mind you! I had an "excuse"...

I had to go in for surgery and it was "likely" that I wouldn't be able to raise my arms high enough to even pull apart the babies and my new hair growth is so fast that should I leave 'em 100% untouched for only 3 days the whole root area of my head would mat into a "helmet" of hair (which then took an hour to gently pull apart so that it goes into the locks... )

Post surgery I was more mobile than expected, but I didn't want to undo the locks or cut all my hair off (which would have been the same thing basically) so.... I am somewhat glad I did it, even if they need a lot of time to recover from it.

Kaila Gareau Kangas
@kaila-gareau-kangas
13 years ago
8 posts

Thank you for sharing your experience it is reassuring to know others have been in the same situation. I'm looking forward to letting a few weeks pass without touching them and I will post timeline pictures. This site feels like a support group for dread abusers Like Crocheting Anonymous!

Egubman said:

i had dreads and crocheted them for 2 and a half months. then i saw this sight and havent crocheted since! its been almost 3 weeks without crocheting...after one week itself you can feel the difference! got lose hair here and there but i can feel in the roots mainly, it has started dreading properly..good luck!!

Kaila Gareau Kangas
@kaila-gareau-kangas
13 years ago
8 posts

Glad to hear your not still crocheting : ) How long did it take your dreads to recover? ( from a single crocheting session)

Hans Miniar Jnsson said:

it's really quite good to read these posts and comments on crochet recovery and the fact it's possible that just given time they'll be fine because, I took a crochet needle to my locks when they were but a few weeks old.

Mind you! I had an "excuse"...

I had to go in for surgery and it was "likely" that I wouldn't be able to raise my arms high enough to even pull apart the babies and my new hair growth is so fast that should I leave 'em 100% untouched for only 3 days the whole root area of my head would mat into a "helmet" of hair (which then took an hour to gently pull apart so that it goes into the locks... )

Post surgery I was more mobile than expected, but I didn't want to undo the locks or cut all my hair off (which would have been the same thing basically) so.... I am somewhat glad I did it, even if they need a lot of time to recover from it.

Hans Miniar Jónsson
@hans-miniar-jnsson
13 years ago
74 posts

Still see some signs of it at the tips, but the rest are fine.
I don't know how long it took exactly cause I don't keep track of things that well....

Kaila Gareau Kangas said:

Glad to hear your not still crocheting : ) How long did it take your dreads to recover? ( from a single crocheting session)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form