Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Beginner questions

Andre'
@andre
13 years ago
29 posts
Peace and Blessings to All* I've been growing my hair for almost a month and walking the natural Dreadlock path/method. It's been 3weeks and it's going good no baby dread yet but I'm inspired a growing for spiritual reasons for self! Questions: 1) is it good to just do the ACV and not BS? Will it clean my hair/scalp without the BS? 2) I've been doing the BS/ACV once per week but I shower daily and wash my hair in water when I do is this a negative to wet my hair everyday and let air dry? 3) I get an itch here and there due to the natural method if hairgrowth I'm sure since I used tocut/shaved my head every 2-3days for 20 years up until sept 13th when I cut the last time and committed to dreadlocks... Is it ok that I scratch my head an massge my scalp with my fingers every now and then when it itches? Will this disrupt my dread growth? Im thinking it won't but would love and appreciate any and all feed back! Thank you! One Love*
updated by @andre: 01/13/15 09:11:28PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

the acv wont do much without the bs

it will remove oils and conditionj but not clean

why dojnt u want to use the bs

and if u add the essential oils u wont have to scratch but scratching wont hurt u tho i fate itchingso the oils help alot

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Andre'
@andre
13 years ago
29 posts
I used the bs and yes it works I was just wondering if the ACV can be used alone but I do know the ACV does make your hair more soft/conditioned. I did the bs at first without the ACV rinse and my hair felt dry/itchy the next day I did the ACV rinse and felt the difference. I will continue the bs/ACV combo and get some oils . I'm also looking to pick up dr. Bronners to try as well. Thanks SE!

soaring eagle said:

and if u add the essential oils u wont have to scratch but scratching wont hurt u tho i fate itchingso the oils help alot

Andre'
@andre
13 years ago
29 posts
Will wetting my hair everyday in the shower dry my hair out? I use bs/ACV 1-2 times a week.... I shower everyday but only wet my hair? Is this an issue ?

soaring eagle said:

RSavage26
@rsavage26
13 years ago
50 posts

Wetting your hair won't dry your hair out so long as you oil your scalp properly, preferably with a carrier oil of some kind. I know one common oil is coconut but that can be a bit pricey and hard to find depending on where you live. I'm not sure of your hair texture, but wetting my hair helps to keep it clean in-between washings. I also use a sea salt spray every other - 4 days to help my hair loc. I've been doing organic locs since may 2011 and over time my hair has eventually started to form baby dreads in the front and the back. It will take a while regardless, so patience is key.

Andre' said:

Will wetting my hair everyday in the shower dry my hair out? I use bs/ACV 1-2 times a week.... I shower everyday but only wet my hair? Is this an issue ?

soaring eagle said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

are u african american the oiluing and salting kinda do oposites caucasian hair benifits from the drying effect of salt to get it loccking african hairs already dry by nature ..too dry so needs the frequent oiling

RSavage26 said:

Wetting your hair won't dry your hair out so long as you oil your scalp properly, preferably with a carrier oil of some kind. I know one common oil is coconut but that can be a bit pricey and hard to find depending on where you live. I'm not sure of your hair texture, but wetting my hair helps to keep it clean in-between washings. I also use a sea salt spray every other - 4 days to help my hair loc. I've been doing organic locs since may 2011 and over time my hair has eventually started to form baby dreads in the front and the back. It will take a while regardless, so patience is key.

Andre' said:

soaring eagle said:

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
RSavage26
@rsavage26
13 years ago
50 posts

SE,

I'm not sure if you're responding to me or Andre but I am African-American. The only oiling I do is for my scalp due to a skin condition I've had from childhood. It's nothing serious, but it prevents any breakout. Also, not all African-Americans have dry hair. Mine is actually fairly oily and soft so it differs from person to person. Before I started using the sea-salt spray (generally after washing my hair and only keeping it on overnight), my hair barely locced but after I started doing it locs formed easier. It also helped that I only seperated my hair every other day instead of daily liked I used to.
soaring eagle said:

are u african american the oiluing and salting kinda do oposites caucasian hair benifits from the drying effect of salt to get it loccking african hairs already dry by nature ..too dry so needs the frequent oiling

RSavage26 said:

Andre' said:

soaring eagle said:

Andre'
@andre
13 years ago
29 posts
Bless up RSavage! I've been growing my hair since sept 13 after 20+ years if cutting my hair every 3 days/shaving. I'm growing my hair no shampoo or combing sinc then and going the natural FreeForm route. I use the BS wash and no ACV because my hair is soft an I feel the ACV is making my hair too soft for locking.I only have about 1/4 a 1/2 inch of hair growing and I feel it getting dry in some places on the way to baby loca I hope soon but the top of my head us still soft. I shower everyday and just wet my hair and air dry it. I do the BS was 2 times a week. I bought sea salt and wanted to start using this to dry up/loc up my hair quicker. What measurement do you use in ratio of SS to water and how many times a week is recommended! Info and guidance is very appreciated! One love* I am also African American!

RSavage26 said:

SE,

I'm not sure if you're responding to me or Andre but I am African-American. The only oiling I do is for my scalp due to a skin condition I've had from childhood. It's nothing serious, but it prevents any breakout. Also, not all African-Americans have dry hair. Mine is actually fairly oily and soft so it differs from person to person. Before I started using the sea-salt spray (generally after washing my hair and only keeping it on overnight), my hair barely locced but after I started doing it locs formed easier. It also helped that I only seperated my hair every other day instead of daily liked I used to.
soaring eagle said:

RSavage26 said:

Andre' said:

soaring eagle said:

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form