Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

time needed to go from crochet 'woven' look to natty dread?

Brad
@brad
15 years ago
20 posts
Hello all my dreaded brothers and sisters! :D I got a question....So I've been locking my hair now for a little over five months. I started off backcombing and then a lil over two months in I crocheted all of them. I continued to maintain them for the next couple weeks but have since been free forming. I don't do anything...no palm-rolling, no dreadballing, no crocheting...I wash them every two to three days and like i said in a latter post i rinse them every morning after i wake up....so back to my question lol around how long is the crochet 'woven' look going to be there....most of the tips have started to lose that look and actually look 'matted' up..and the inch or so of new growth i have looks nice and naturally locked but the actual dread still looks woven and its almost been three months since ive done anything to them....so if you guys know anything about what im talking about lemme know...thanks guys....peace jah bless
updated by @brad: 01/13/15 08:27:50PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
well 1 reason i never recomend crochet is theres no guarantee they ever will,however some who hardly did it at all say theyres recovered..good news is theyre short..if in a year they still havent recovered u could just cut the crocheted parts off if they bother yanot recommending that but u could if u want i know others who did that to get rid of the crocheted ends..this is just 1 of many reasons i dont ever recomend crochet

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Brad
@brad
15 years ago
20 posts
right, right yea it seemed like a good idea at the time but i wouldn't recommend it now that i know wat its all about....but yea i hope that since mine are pretty short that they will become recovered in time...they are in spots on some.....basically where i have zig zags and loops the woven looks has vanished...so maybe that means in time the rest will beame this way lol i really hope so...thanks for the advice SE soaringeagle said:
well 1 reason i never recomend crochet is theres no guarantee they ever will,however some who hardly did it at all say theyres recovered..

good news is theyre short..if in a year they still havent recovered u could just cut the crocheted parts off if they bother ya
not recommending that but u could if u want i know others who did that to get rid of the crocheted ends..

this is just 1 of many reasons i dont ever recomend crochet
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
they might..its hard to say..and no guarantee they willdreads change alot over time tho so its possible

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Brad
@brad
15 years ago
20 posts
yes i can see how 'organically' shaped they grow too...its honestly amazing lol but yes i will surely keep ya posted if i start to see an improvement from the crocheted look soaringeagle said:
they might..its hard to say..and no guarantee they will
dreads change alot over time tho so its possible
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form