Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Wax Removal?

K.E.
@ke
13 years ago
35 posts

I've showered with HOT water and it obviously doesn't get it all out. I'm gonna try the dish soap thing today and scrub, see how that works out. My dreads have little to no wax in them, but where I cain't really get it is on my scalp. I was just wonderin if it had to be Dawn dish soap? & maybe some directions? I wanted to try this before that gunk out shit..

updated by @ke: 01/13/15 09:11:13PM
K.E.
@ke
13 years ago
35 posts

Okay, I was lookin at Goo Gone but I read it's not that strong and it said some people weren't satisfied cause they ain't use it for it's purpose.. Someone said Goof Off works better. It says it removes glues, tar, etc. Ppl are sayin it's too strong lol, Tryna scare me with they customer reviews. Where's SoaringEagle when you need em. . .

Karrington <3
@karrington-3
13 years ago
94 posts

I read somewhere else on here that someone had used dish soap and it helped really well.. maybe try ajax or something like that.. My mom uses that kind and I know it is pretty stout stuff that may do the trick.. Good luck, wax is a bitch (speaking from experience)

Karl Edwards said:

Okay, I was lookin at Goo Gone but I read it's not that strong and it said some people weren't satisfied cause they ain't use it for it's purpose.. Someone said Goof Off works better. It says it removes glues, tar, etc. Ppl are sayin it's too strong lol, Tryna scare me with they customer reviews. Where's SoaringEagle when you need em. . .

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

if u arent very waxy gont bother with the extremely strog dissolvers use vinager and then dawn

and srry some of us do like to sleep every so often...

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Naomi Choate
@naomi-choate
13 years ago
8 posts

i had some wax and i washed with dish soap. wasnt dawn brand but when you say dawn dish soap everyone knows what you mean. mine washed out really well. i still have some i can feel but next shower should take care of it. im gunna use the soap again then do the baking soda. good luck! hope to be wax free

K.E.
@ke
13 years ago
35 posts

Lol, Icompletely understand, I just woke up myself.. Thanks for the replies guys N gurl.

soaring eagle said:

if u arent very waxy gont bother with the extremely strog dissolvers use vinager and then dawn

and srry some of us do like to sleep every so often...

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form