Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Lots of lose hair out of dreads

barrie
@barrie
13 years ago
2 posts

I like my dreads to look very tight and well maintained.I let someone who obviously didn't know how to care for dreads braid my hair and she broke lots of hair out of the dreads.Most of these are on my hairline by my face.I would like to know how to get these hairs back into my dreads. This happened about two weeks ago and I have washed them, put the non build up locking gel in them and palmed roll numerous times but nothing seemed to help. Im open to suggestions that vary from my normal matinence. Thanks for the help.

updated by @barrie: 01/13/15 09:11:06PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

why ya doing all that you realize all yoir doing is breakimg hairs weakening them and going to someone ..huge mistake ..dreads like to be left alone the less u do to them the bes=tter

theres no such r=thing as lockimg gel

hau=ir locks best when clean with niothuing at all in them are u africam type hair if so u do want aloe or something..to moisturize only

if your not then u want nothing at all

and dont force hairs into dreads drewads are loose hair thats alowed to dread so simply leave it alone and it will dreD

what have u had doner to them if u keep it up chances are hey can break or worse..u can go bald

i hope you werent interlocking constantly twisting crocherting or anything like that

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

post some pictures

why were u having them braided

braiding should not have broken hairs unless it was already severely damaged from all the over maintaining

or if they braided to an extreme tighteness

a dread ..a very thin ovne should take hundreds of iounds to cause breakage a medium thick 1 should support over 1000 pounds

if braiding broke hairs those hairs were already broken or damaged or weakened

--
barrie
@barrie
13 years ago
2 posts

I was at a party and girl asked to do my hair. She said she had friends back home with locks so I let her. She started to separate my hair for two french braids and pulled out lots of fine hairs that were only partially in the lock. I had to stop her half way through because I could hear and feel all the hair that she was pulling apart. I had braided my own hair before and liked the look but none of those hairs broke out.I normally wouldnt care about the lose hair but the company I work for says my dreads need to look tight and "clean". I tried to explain to them that these are just lose hairs and natural but they pretty much told me that I have to get them fixed and they didn't want the company to be portrayed like that. The gel I use comes in a yellow container and says locking gel on it as well as no build up but I do not know the company off the top of my head. I get it from the african beauty supply store. I only palm roll, I have never crocheted or moved the knots up by the ripping method. Is there anything you can recommend to get these hairs back into the dread without to much damage.

soaring eagle said:

post some pictures

why were u having them braided

braiding should not have broken hairs unless it was already severely damaged from all the over maintaining

or if they braided to an extreme tighteness

a dread ..a very thin ovne should take hundreds of iounds to cause breakage a medium thick 1 should support over 1000 pounds

if braiding broke hairs those hairs were already broken or damaged or weakened

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

the company cannot demand you do harmful maintenance they cannot tell you that your loose hau=irs bneed to be fixed i'll write your boss for you

lets see a close up pic but 1 thing stop the gekl its just moisture for african dreads so its conditioning the oposite of what u want

sea salt instead to dry it oit and get it to lock

when u seperate dreads u get loose hairs it sounds like she just sewperated them

u leave loose hairs alone they dread or join a dread when long ewnough

ok this is to your boss

to whom it may concern

i understand that you have requeted an employee with dreadlocks bmucht keeop them neat and tidy

and she believes that you mean every loose hair must be controlled and forced into a dread

well i am here to inform you that this is harmful to dreadlocks, and is technicaly ilegal for you to request this. Dreadlocks for many are a religios expression, dreads that are of a religios naty-ure must be unmaintained in any way it is ilegal to descriminate based on religios beliefs so you not only cant inquire about the belief nor require they be maintained beyond whats reasonable and agreeable by both parties.

additiinaly dreadlocks are loose hair that is alowed t9 o dread this happens naturaly at a certain length. (tyicaly 6 inches in caucasians) to fo=rce this to dread shorrter requires crochet wich breaks lots of hair weakening it or causing even more loose4 hair..or wax wich causes them to be filthy and eventualy rot from the u=inside

dreads should be clean clean dreads have loose hairs thats what they are made of that loose hair dreads on its own when its ready

it is reasonable to request tying them back, styling them, keeping them seperare=d (if not against religu=ios beliefs some do not believe seperation should be done)

as an employer you have a choice betwween alowing loose hairs or alowing them to combine at wikl into larger dreads.

when you seperate a dread from another the hairs between them rip causing the loose hair at the scalp this then grows and dreads

this loose hair is needed too to protect the scalp from sun damage and skin cancer

some go to extreme measures to pull in all oose hairs exposing the scal;p caising thye roots to be extremely tight this can lead to hair loss and i sime cases permenant baldness.

i hope you enter into a dialouge with your employee abou what she is willing to do to keep her looks pressentable

in the end what shes willing to do is voluntary on her part cause any requests beyind what she does voluntarily is discrimination

hank you for your understanding and consideration

(edit as u see fit)(remove typos)

--
Tina Mother's Milk
@tina-mothers-milk
11 years ago
8 posts

I like that letter SE!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus