Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

The awesome power of baking soda

lysergic.nightshade
@lysergicnightshade
13 years ago
41 posts

I was noticing some residue buildup in the tips of my young dreads from continual use of suave daily clarifying shampoo. I washed with some peppermint bronners to try to remove it, and I rinsed for several minutes with cold water. After my hair started to dry, the buildup was so much worse.

I got a couple recommendations to remove the buildup with baking soda, so here's what I did: I mixed 4 tablespoons of baking soda and 4 cups of water in a large plastic bowl. I want to make it clear that all of the baking soda was dissolved, and the water was completely transparent. I sat upside down on the couch and soaked my hair in it for a few minutes, as long as I could stand to have my head hanging upside down, lol. This is what the water looked like afterwards. So I hopped in the shower, with some more bs and acv, and washed again. My hair was no longer sticky! BS/ACV for life!

updated by @lysergicnightshade: 02/14/15 04:39:48AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea its awesome stuff

and u feel super clean now i bet

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
lysergic.nightshade
@lysergicnightshade
13 years ago
41 posts

Yes! It's just a matter of getting all of the hair saturated with the bs solution.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

wouldnt it beeasier in the shower then hanging upside down over a bowl? i just pour it on and thats all

--
FoxPaw
@foxpaw
13 years ago
114 posts
No need for face washes. Just pour on catch in bowl pour catch then let it sit for a while then hop back in the shower and dump directly on top and let it pour all over face and body. Its amazing for hair & face :)
lysergic.nightshade
@lysergicnightshade
13 years ago
41 posts

That's what I was doing, but it didn't seem to really get into all of my hair. It acted more like a scalp treatment than a hair treatment. I need to get myself a shower cap of some sort, so it will soak into my hair better.

And yes FoxPaw, I do notice that some runs down my face, and my forehead feels nice and clean. :D

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

as long as yoir haitrs good and soaked b4 u pour it on it will work well but dreads take alotta water to get em wet enouhh 1st

i use 2 things a pitcher to pour over my head and a basibn to soak the length in then i take that basin pour over my head and i rinse both out so the acv dont reacte with it i ise that rinse water to pour over my body i have not used soap at all in over a year i just when i wash my dreads the same bs mix runs down all over and cleans everytying

my skins never been in sunch great shape

if i took baths moee often id just soak in bs mix in the whole tub that ould be amazing

--
lysergic.nightshade
@lysergicnightshade
13 years ago
41 posts

That's awesome SE. It would work... I have a friend with very sensitive skin who occasionally takes baths in a weak baking soda mix. She says she loves it.

And Rudy, the times I do use the bs/acv wash, I add a few drops of teatree, rosemary, and sometimes a bit of eucalyptus to the mix.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i do teatree rosemary pepermint lavander and lemongrass ocasionaly add neem or jojoba orr vitamin e or afcricas best its like a mad scientist thing for me i mix it by instinct i kinda feel my dreads b4 i wet em and just know what they need most haha

--
FoxPaw
@foxpaw
13 years ago
114 posts

what are the benefits of lemongrass?

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form