Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread-less and about to break!!!

shea bannon
@shea-bannon
13 years ago
19 posts

I love Dreads !!!! I want dreads so bad but my dad ismakingme do requirements to get them. Im a high school senor with Pretty good grades, but he wants me to get 3 A's on my midterm report card to get the dreads. itsdrivingme up a wall how everything has to have arequirementto happen. Im a waydifferentperson then i was in thebeginningof the year now im vegan 50 pounds lighter and an avid runner, so i feel that getting dreads will cement my journey toward a better life and me as a person. He told me last night that iobsesses over them and its gettingannoyingme talking about them all the time , but how do you think i feel i cant stop thinking about them i feel like im going crazy!!! and btw thats not all the requirements he gets moreextreme. so any advise or just someone to talk about it with would really help.

with love to all,

Grizz aka Shea bannon

updated by @shea-bannon: 02/14/15 10:25:44AM
ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

Hi & welcome Grizz'] Its good your Dad is open to you getting dreads. Try your best and he just may say go ahead even if it isn't 3 A's --if it's your best he'll know it. Our kids need to live up to requirements to keep their privileges, too, you aren't alone, lol!

shea bannon
@shea-bannon
13 years ago
19 posts

but is being happy a privilege? i do everythingelsehe wishes choir music sports but if i want to change something about myself it seems like world war 3 . it took almost a year to convince him to let me bevegetation and now im vegan and cant seem to hear the end off it . he had long hair in high school and says i cant ? when i started growing my hair out he would make me cut it, he would say oh teachers will make down your grade and your family will hate it (btw grades are better than ever and family loves my hair long) so itsridiculous i understand your point but isnt he a little extreme ?

ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

Sometimes we worry about our kids making mistakes we made. Maybe he's is being overprotective because he's trying to shield you from making the same mistakes he did. I think that may be it, but I don't know him, so I can't say for sure. Maybe he's afraid that you'll lose your way. Maybe It scares him to see you growing. Just reassure him you love him and aren't being disrespectful. He may even worry you will turn from the Lord? (You mentioned choir) I don't know but you can tell him Jesus most likely had dreads, lol John the baptist and Sampson surely did'] If that's it you can reassure him there too...xo

shea bannon
@shea-bannon
13 years ago
19 posts

school choir lol hes very notreligious im young and don't no but idk ihaven'tbeen talking alout to him which ticks him offmaybehe will get the point of howimportant they are ?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

tell him this

dad ui already do pretty good and i can and will try to do better but it sure is easier to do betyer when im happy and feel more like myself and feel like my choices are supporrted not a constant fight

the fact is i never needed permision to become vegatarian i could just refuse to eat meat and if i was forced to that qualifies as assault and abuse

likewise if i decide to dread and have it forcibly cut or combed out that as well qualifies

i jump through yopir hoops out of respect and cauuse i dont want to cause more trouble

but this is important to me

and if you let me begin today i bet you see me trying much harder tomorow to desserbve that respect and trust you gave back to me

if you dont let me have whats important to me there probly will be resentment that lasts a lng time

thats not the way to guide me towards a good future if i resent you id be more likely to do the oposite of what you want me to

well..not exactly those words but something along those lines

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Curly Redlocs
@curly-redlocs
13 years ago
3 posts

For some, dreads are process of learning patience ~ it seems to me like this is the first test of the dread journey!! It will take a long time for them to mature and look nice, and for your superior to be telling you to WAIT to even BEGIN!

I understand this must be FRUSTRATING! But. . .

I think it's the first test for you, wait until you've earned the privilege following the rules you've been given. You'll be SO much more proud of your dreads and the relationship you've secured with your pops.

ALSO, I think that getting what you want IS important, but your parents have your BEST interest at heart, you seem like a very strong-willled individual to start so many new things in one year ~ your pops is probably FREAKING out thinking you won't stick with this new HUGE difference in your appearance . . . :D

Work on your grades and the rewards will follow. Best of luck!

shea bannon
@shea-bannon
13 years ago
19 posts

ok i totally understand what your saying curly redlocks but itsfrustrating everything i do is for him to be happy i cook clean im quite give him time with his gf allways call no detentions or trouble its all to please . but y do i have to jump threwhoops to get what i feel isimportant.

shea bannon
@shea-bannon
13 years ago
19 posts

OH AND MY DADS AMUSICIAN!!! TOTALLYALTERNATIVEHES A HIPPY IN HIS VEIWS BUT A TOTALYTRADITIONAL IN OTHERS ITSFRUSTRATING!!!!

Curly Redlocs
@curly-redlocs
13 years ago
3 posts

We don't really know what his motivation with this is.... but SINCE you're such a well behaved young man, the ONLY thing it seems he can ask for is better grades!! This is coming from a MUSICIAN momma hippie of a 13 year old! :D Tee hee! He's trying to be the BEST dad he can ~ talk to him about what eagle and the others and I've said and be honest, true and strong ! Hang in there, you'll be knottin' soon!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form