Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Alyssa Yuldybaeva
@alyssayul
13 years ago
35 posts

Don't crochet. It can seem to help at first but if you try to make them ticker that way it can cause many problems and prolong the coming of maturity. It can actually make the dreads thinner in the long run. I tried it on one of my dreads forexperimentationand it doesn't work. In the end it just makes tht part too tight. Time will thicken dreads better. If you want thicker dreads then it's best not to touch them and no palm rolling especially because palm rolling really thins them down. Justseparatewhen needed. It's written on ur page tht u palm roll so if you're still doing that, that should be ur problem. Just stop doing anything and they'll get thicker. A good texture of dreads should be spongy feeling not tight.

Alyssa Yuldybaeva
@alyssayul
13 years ago
35 posts

Another thing, don't be afraid if they get loose because that will help make them thicker in the end. If dreads dont get into the cycle of tightening and getting loose then they don't have opportunity to change and get knotted up properly.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

dreads thicken over time and u can always let them congo and get thicker but ..before u start to congo tell me how big the root sections are if u let 2 confgop now they maybe mega thick when they mature

count your dread

under 30 will be thick and chunky 30-50 average size over 50 thin

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

i have thin hair too and recently just counted how many dreadlocks i have so far (60). they're all pretty thin and i'd like to congo some of them. i wonder is its better to congo them when they haven't really locked up or would it matter? whats the best way to do it? just stop separating or use a bead or wrap?

soaring eagle said:

dreads thicken over time and u can always let them congo and get thicker but ..before u start to congo tell me how big the root sections are if u let 2 confgop now they maybe mega thick when they mature

count your dread

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea so threy will be thick as u will ever want em in cfact if they ever congo u wikl probly regret it if u thickened them now theyd be massuive like arm size

Rudy Gettel said:

i have about 38 dreads and my sections were 1 inch squares

soaring eagle said:

count your dread

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i stopped seperating and 6 congod too 6 congoed into 1 in at leasst a dozen places

the best way is wait dfor thenm to thicken so u know how thick they will get then dont seperate the ones u want to congo

Lauren Halsall said:

I stopped separating mine for a while and 6 congo'd by themselves i didn't think it'd happen that fast so i was really surprised :)

Heather said:

i have thin hair too and recently just counted how many dreadlocks i have so far (60). they're all pretty thin and i'd like to congo some of them. i wonder is its better to congo them when they haven't really locked up or would it matter? whats the best way to do it? just stop separating or use a bead or wrap?

soaring eagle said:

count your dread

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form