Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Here It Goes ...

Jorge Valenzuela
@jorge-valenzuela
13 years ago
2 posts

Alright so my name Jorge, I haven't started dreading I would like to as soon as I feel I have enough information (which i think I'm almost there), if theirs any tips or recommendations that you guys have for a beginner, that would be great ... Ummm my hair isn't very long, but I saw a video, and this guy said that he started dreading from his fade (his hair was pretty rad), sobecauseof this I'm thinking that i could start dreading, I know I'm in it for a long one because my hair is straight, but f**k it ... I guess while I'm at it I'll just share something about myself, I'm 15, I was born Sinaloa, Mexico, I currently live in unpredictable Colorado (hate it, not use to the weather), I like cats, I have two ... My hero/idol is Bob Marley, I think the best band ever is The Red Hot Chili Peppers (listening to new album .. Awesome!!!!),, Ummmm I don't know .. I'm a bit of a gamer, it's very addicting, my gamer tag is Mauwie_Wauwie420 on PS3 if anybody wants to play .. I love technology its helped me very much, I mean if it weren't for technology I wouldn't be on this website, so thank you technology ... Okay so back to the hair, I've heard of a couple ways to wash it but i think i'ma try the baking soda and see how that works out, but, I don't know how to prepare it (how much water? how much baking soda? ect..), so if somebody could help with that I would really appreciate it ... I don't really know what else to say, besides thank you and dreadlocks here i come!!!! ...

updated by @jorge-valenzuela: 01/13/15 09:10:22PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome baking soda 1 tablespoon per cup water or 1/3 cup per gallon

thats a good gebneral ratio

u dont gotta be exact

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
greenblayza
@greenblayza
13 years ago
17 posts

Hey Jorge, welcome. I'm very new myself, just started about 5 days ago. I also have short hair, about 4 inches. At first I just wanted dreads until I came across this site. After reading up and learning about the lifestyle I've decided natural is the best route for me. Basically, from what I've read around the net this is the best there is if you want dreads for what they are, not a fake commercialized style. So good luck to you on your journey!

Also, do you have a link to that video. I haven't been able to find too many people with short hair who started dreading and would be pretty gnarly to see - also a bit inspirational. Cheers brother!

Jorge Valenzuela
@jorge-valenzuela
13 years ago
2 posts

Hey Greenblayza, here is the link for the video

Good luck to you as well ..

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form